13»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    kamiyu910 wrote: »
    DerserveVictory, definitely no nuts! lol. I'm avoiding seasonings altogether, though I've been looking into the artificial stuff like smoke flavoring.
    @‌rybo - did you miss this?

I did miss that. Saw the no beans, missed the no nuts.

I can't eat a lot of nuts, but damn... oh and no vegetable matter? no coffee or tea.

Holy hand grenade, this is not cool.
  • ConanSonja
    ConanSonja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You absolutely CAN survive eating no plant products at all. There are people around the world, even today, that are doing it and are some of the healthiest people alive. Protein is Essential for us, Fat is Essential for us, Carbohydrates are NOT essential!

This might help you myzerocarblife.jamesdhogan.com
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Speak to a Dietitian
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I read about a family who ate meat. Just meat - good quality, organic grass fed. Apparently they were fine, and blood tests showed they were healthy. The wife had lots of health issues related to diet prior and felt a lot better eating that way...
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »
    Sodium is necessary for life, so she can't be allergic to that[salt].

True, and at the same time, in the modern world, you can be allergic to brands of salt, actually. It's not the salt itself, but what the salt is processed with. :-/

Corn allergic people can't have iodized salt because corn is used to stabilize the iodine.
    Sulfite sensitive people often can't have many brands of salt because sulfites were used to bleach it white.

It's one of the frustrations of allergic folks living in the modern world; rarely is any food merely one item, but is instead the food item itself plus coatings or additives or processing substances or contaminants picked up along the way in factories or on the farm. It's one reason that sometimes, a single allergen can wipe out whole swaths of food from the grocery store. :-(
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    And Kamiyu...I'm gonna message you on this one with some information, in case it might help. There's a disorder that can cause this kind of sweeping level of allergies in people called a mast cell activation disorder. It's rarely recognized by doctors, so it's rarely diagnosed, even by allergists. International recognition of the disorder only happened about 3 years ago, so the information has not disseminated hardly at all yet.

People with it very often have little to no food they can eat - some end up on hypoallergenic formulas, or even react to those, too. I lucked out and was diagnosed by a doctor who just happened to have known of it and knew the right tests to do, but before she did, I was down to five food items for months and reacting to everything else I tried. SO much sympathy, hon!

But as for foods, let's see.

For frying - you render your own fat, yes? From beef or pork? If not, you can also put a tiny bit of water in the pan and cook that way, and you simply replace the water as it dries. It'll make a browned bottom to the food when you don't have any oils to utilize.

Dairy - making sauces from simmered dairy, or cooking meat or eggs in dairy. Gratins made with meat and cheese instead of veggies and cheese. Cheese stuffed meat cutlets. Cheese encrusted meat cutlets.

Make your own broths, from whatever meats you've got, yeah?

Maybe...like little tiny chunks of meat, with a bit of cheese or eggs stuffed inside, and then stir fried?

Blend up liver, thin it with a little broth, and maybe make that into a sauce over another meat, or over eggs?

Do you get many organ meats? Might try some of those, like tongue, or brains, or kidneys? Different flavors, at least, maybe a little different texture on the brains.

Hard boiled eggs that you chop into small pieces in a food processor, maybe use it kind of like you would rice, as a bed for another meat dish? Maybe...take those little pieces and fry them up until they are a tiny bit browned, make it even more like rice?

I'm betting you've done omelet-style things? Have you put the omelets inside of any meats? Or meatloaf-style things with it?

Huh...maybe get ground meat, and make little muffin sized meat loafs with them, but with cheese or eggs inside?

Egg based sauces? Not sure on that one (eggs are one of the ones I can't have, myself) Versions of egg drop soup, perhaps? (with massively fewer ingredients, I know)

Wishing you well, hon. I've been there! I've managed to get a few more foods added in, though, so yeah..I'm message you.

And for other posters, if you are interested in what type of disorder can cause this many allergies, here's a brief explanatory essay on it from a national organization that supports mast cell disorders: http://mastocytosis.ca/MSC%20Patient%20Experience%20April2012.pdf