Stretch Mark Success Stories!

Options

Replies

• dfreddie
    dfreddie Posts: 8
    Options
    those are some amazing pics and awesome inspiration. Even when I was at my lowest weight I couldn't get rid of that loose skin. sigh. I was lucky in that I don't really notice my stretch marks. I've been using some Seacret products and they seem to be helping, mostly noticeable on my scars from surgery for me, but I know someone who used them for her stretchmarks and it's amazing how much it's helped. I do have a pic I could share if anyone wants, but I don't have it on my work computer.
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options

awesome photos! i think you have done an amazing job.. your first AND fourth after photos look great! i hope for my belly to look like that this year!! (I only have 1 child 25 months but i have more stretch marks than your pic shows and i gained between 65-75lbs during prenancy... the last 10 atleast was water retention in the last week).

Your photos give me something to look forward to. if you dont mind me asking, do you have any sag or droop to your belly?

Thank you! I gained 60+ lbs with each of my 4 kids and all were over 8 lbs. Yes I have extra skin... A couple inches of overhang. I highly doubt it will ever disappear without surgery but the only person who sees it is the husband- it can e hidden with underwear or bathing suit. I've thought about abdominalplasty but the recovery stinks- I have a friend 10 wks out who still hurts. My weight loss secret was defiantly the nursing after 6 months- then the weight fell off for me. Now I have to work at it since weaning.
  • x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ive got tons of stretch marks and im happy to show them off. My belly was home to my 3 girls (now 3.5, 2 and 9 months)

I was at 200lbs when my 3rd daughter was born.

1st pic 3 months post partum 163, 2nd pic 6 months post partum at 152
    progresspic_zps1aa752db.jpg

Well done fab progress! what have u been doing? exercise wise etc xx

Hey Ive done jillians 30 day shred (well only half way through 3 times). I get bored and have crunchy knees. I also do about 2hrs a week on the exercise bike and I walk an average of 4 miles a day. I plan to start lifting now and to do c25k.

I eat at around a 500 cal deficit. which for me is between 1500 and 1800 depending on how active I am that day.

Really happy with how my tummy turned out after having 3 big babies in the space of 4 years. I also had 2 of them via c section. You cant really see my stretch marks properly in that picture but I am covered. They are becoming slightly less noticeable as I lose weight and tone up though x
  • meghannngene
    meghannngene Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I gained the recommended amount during pregnancy but evidently I was cursed with ZERO elasticity haha. I got stretch marks, but I got the THICK red, looks-like-a-tiger-just-clawed-you kind of stretch marks! I'm down to less than pre-pregnancy weight now, and they look better everyday. I can tell with a few more pounds off and weight training to tighten that area a little more they will be where I want them (or as good as they're gonna get). The after pictures are how they look indoors (they are way more noticeable outdoors, have that shiny look when I'm tan).

331252h.jpg

After 16 lbs gone with walking & 30DS

5f5jd1.jpg

Excuse my dirty mirror:

311vsc5.jpg
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later.
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I gained the recommended amount during pregnancy but evidently I was cursed with ZERO elasticity haha. I got stretch marks, but I got the THICK red, looks-like-a-tiger-just-clawed-you kind of stretch marks! I'm down to less than pre-pregnancy weight now, and they look better everyday. I can tell with a few more pounds off and weight training to tighten that area a little more they will be where I want them (or as good as they're gonna get). The after pictures are how they look indoors (they are way more noticeable outdoors, have that shiny look when I'm tan).

331252h.jpg

After 16 lbs gone with walking & 30DS

5f5jd1.jpg

Excuse my dirty mirror:

311vsc5.jpg

Whoa fabulous! You can't even see stretch marks at all! Sweet body recovery!
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Loving my wife's skin and when she moisturized twice a day while pregnant with both our kids. None of the sagging or stretch marks. I think it begins more with genetics and maintenance before hand.
  • meghannngene
    meghannngene Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You can definitely the depth of them more clearly in person, but I'm excited with the progress I've made so far! Hopefully with a little more hard work it continues improving!

Also Sassybmom, I just went back and saw your post! You're looking amazing too! Great job!
  • x4mygirlsx
    Options
    Found my side on comparison pic from january to june. 163lbs to 140lbs,

janjunesmaller_zpsa9536dba.png
  • sianquin
    sianquin Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I found this very interesting but abit disheartening if i'm honest :(

As a mummy to twins i would die for all your before pictures nevermind after! even 4 years after having my last child mine are still an anrgy purple colour and some are wider than my thumb :(

I also wanted to add my belly button looks strange it's like a line instead of a circle since having kids and i didn't even have a peircing!
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Here I am January 10th, 2013 (She was born January 14, 2013) 5'8" 190lbs and she is baby #2
    _10151364793400932_568256218_n-vi.jpg

Here I am about two weeks after she was born. Stretch marks are sort of hard to see, but all over belly, sides, and thighs.
    02082013frontfar-vi.jpg
    week2153lbs13-vi.jpg

And here is my stomach now.
    173614-vi.jpg

And the pic in my ticker is my belly a few years after baby #1. The better shape I am the tighter my belly gets, they never go
    completely away but they definitely get less noticeable. Tyra Banks show had a special on cream that helped them vanish. Google it, they had women who used it and showed their results on tv.

U r like a rubber band snapping back into place after 2 weeks wow
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Looks fantastic after such little time, I swear at first I thought number two was photoshopped
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    @122ish I gained way more than recommended I am shocked I returned so quickly. Thank you! She is five mo this now. I definitely got more stretch marks with her, which I didn't think was possible. I had thin lines on top of thighs from baby two they run down the thighs now (but are thin so I hope they will fade) with baby 1 I had marks on my tummy but on the edges I had only a few tiny marks now the sides have a few if the wide marks that my stomach does. I tan and they are most noticeable outside (I use self tanner too because the marks won't tan but it doesn't relay hide them) pics inside def look better
  • Lady_Chilli
    Lady_Chilli Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So proud of the women who have posted here, gives so much inspiration and hope to us who still have 'pouches' to lose! :) Amazing job, you all look AWESOME! :D
  • x4mygirlsx
    Options

Looks fantastic after such little time, I swear at first I thought number two was photoshopped

awww thank you. hehe nope that's a real pic taken last night. im still 14lbs from goal but I think most of that needs to come off my thighs and butt. I nearly cried when I saw the pics next to each other cos somedays it feels like im not making any progress.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm about where you were on the fist pic (it used to be MUCH worse!) so I'm hoping it will still go down some more. But I'm a lot older and my "baby" is 13 YEARS.:ohwell:
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • barbaramory
    Options
    I have used these remedies for removing my stretch marks problem.

• Olive oil contains a lot of nutrients and antioxidants that can help in dealing with various skin problems including stretch marks.

• Cocoa butter is also very beneficial in treating stretch marks.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Awesome results!! How did you 'lift' the mommy shelf? excercising? or just through weightloss?? Awesome results!!
  • hollieam92
    hollieam92 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump - I love this but I am so not brave enough or in any position to post a before and after but lets say I am lazy and my little one is now nearly 4 haha!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!