Bulking - Is my routine ok?

Options
06zrhub9e11e.jpg

I really want to gain weight to become thicker, especially glutes & thighs.
Also, I want a flat stomach.

I workout at home, so pls share any exercises that will help me reach my goal

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    10lb deadlift?

Do you only have access to dumbbells?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Too much accessory work, not heavy enough for the compound lifts.

Stronglifts
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    For starters, what does your nutrition look like? Even if this program was good it doesn't matter unless you're nutrition is right.

If you purely want hypertrophy then you need to find a pre-built program. There are plenty good programs.

5/3/1
    Starting Strength
    StrongLifts
    Ice Cream Fitness 5 x 5 (name?)
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    Sam_I_Am77 wrote: »

That's the correct name. It's also known as Blaha 5x5 but I always see it called ICF 5x5.
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    10lb deadlift?

Do you only have access to dumbbells?

Right now, yes. I have 5,10,20 kg. I can buy other equipment but I'm not sure what to do with them
  • s_hossein
    Options

Stronglifts

What do you suggest?
    This is my 2nd week btw

• s_hossein
    Options
    For starters, what does your nutrition look like? Even if this program was good it doesn't matter unless you're nutrition is right.

If you purely want hypertrophy then you need to find a pre-built program. There are plenty good programs.

5/3/1
    Starting Strength
    StrongLifts

I eat every 2/3 hours, and I try to eat large amounts.
    Mainly carbs proteins fat.

Is that fine?

Thank you! :)
  • s_hossein
    Options
    Here's an example of what I am aiming for2x8c90ljcdm6.jpg
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    s_hossein wrote: »

Stronglifts

What do you suggest?
    This is my 2nd week btw

Look up stronglifts. It is a good solid program for new lifters. It is a 5x5 program with compound lifts. Focus on strength first, get a good foundation, then you can move to mass building.

• Sam_I_Am77
    Options

5/3/1
    Starting Strength
    StrongLifts

Is that fine?

Meal frequency doesn't really matter, total calories is what really matters. You need to know your maintenance calories and then start eating in-excess of that, probably start with 10% jumps. So if your maintenance calories are approx 2,000 / day, then start with 2,200 calories for a couple weeks and slowly add to that in 10% increments.

Mainly carbs, proteins, and fat? That's really all you can eat. The question is how much of each are you eating?
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    We'd really need to know a lot more details.

Where are you currently at physically (i.e. height, weight, etc)? We see what you're aiming for (bare in mind there are some serious back arches going on in those pictures lol, but I see where you're going), but have no idea how close or far you are away from that. Is your build very thin right now and you're truly looking to add muscle? Are you at an average build? Are you trying to gain weight? Are you just coming off weight loss success? There's a lot to consider.

As others posted, bulking does require knowing exactly what you're eating because what you think qualifies as a large amount of food might not be large.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    terar21 wrote: »

Where are you currently at physically (i.e. height, weight, etc)? We see what you're aiming for (bare in mind there are some serious back arches going on in those pictures lol, but I see where you're going), but have no idea how close or far you are away from that. Is your build very thin right now and you're truly looking to add muscle? Are you at an average build? Are you trying to gain weight? Are you just coming off weight loss success? There's a lot to consider.

As others posted, bulking does require knowing exactly what you're eating because what you think qualifies as a large amount of food might not be large.

I'm 5 ft 1 49 kg..
    Usually, I have 2 bites and I'm full, so it's difficult for me to eat.
    I only started last week, so I'm very far :(
    I'm not super thin, but I am on the slim side especially my legs.

Do you know how much I should be eating? Because everyone says something different

• lishie_rebooted
    Options

I'm 5 ft 1 49 kg..

Do you know how much I should be eating? Because everyone says something different

How much do you want to gain to?

• s_hossein
    Options

5/3/1
    Starting Strength
    StrongLifts

Is that fine?

Meal frequency doesn't really matter, total calories is what really matters. You need to know your maintenance calories and then start eating in-excess of that, probably start with 10% jumps. So if your maintenance calories are approx 2,000 / day, then start with 2,200 calories for a couple weeks and slowly add to that in 10% increments.

Mainly carbs, proteins, and fat? That's really all you can eat. The question is how much of each are you eating?

About 900-1,000 but I'm supposed to be eating 2,000.
    I just don't know how to consume that much
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

5/3/1
    Starting Strength
    StrongLifts

Is that fine?

Drink it.
  • s_hossein
    Options

I'm 5 ft 1 49 kg..

55 kg

• lishie_rebooted
    Options

I'm 5 ft 1 49 kg..

55 kg

So 6kg - 12lbs.
    And you're an 18yo female.
    You probably want to gain 0.5lb/week so set your MFP goal to that
    And you really gotta figure out how to reach your calorie goal - drink the calories, eat ice cream, etc
  • Sam_I_Am77
    edited February 2015
    Options

I'm 5 ft 1 49 kg..

Maintenance for you is closer to 1400 calories (Mifflin St. Jeor calculation). If you've only been eating about 1000 cal's then you'll benefit from just getting your calories up to maintenance. Do that for a couple weeks and then add 140 calories and then keep adding 10% as you go along and feel you need it.

If you're serious about doing this then you will find a way to get in the calories, it's not easy by any means. You need to focus on calorie dense foods.

edit: changed to 1400 cal's, left the exercise multiplier from another calc.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    OP - didn't you post a similar thread in the gaining forum???
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

5/3/1
    Starting Strength
    StrongLifts

Is that fine?

regular foods like chicken, steak, rice, eggs, pasta, and then throw in some high calorie stuff like ice cream, bagels, cookies, pizza, etc...