What fruit should I eat in the morning

Options
My husband has a janitorial service. On Saturday mornings it's a routine that we do a service or 2 before getting something to eat. As long as I have a piece of fruit and maybe a glass of water I should be okay. Right.

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not.
    When I don't have time for breakie I blend together a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a banana, kale and almond coconut milk. You can take it with you and sip as you go
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Also eating breakfast isn't a prerequisite. If you're not hungry, you don't have to eat anything.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I've been told that a banana will keep your hunger at bay longer than others
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm trying not to do processed stuff. So I guess 2 fruits with a green veggie mix should be good. Thanks again.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    fruit snacks
  • packersfan0103
    Options
    fruit snacks

Trying to stay away from processed stuff.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If you want. It sounds like you think you have to eat first thing. It's up to you. If you find you have no issue performing your duties without eating, you can do that, or find a quick something to hold you over until after. Totally up to you =) Something with protein, fat, fiber would be good to keep you satiated for longer, generally. Like suggested, a protein powder in milk or smoothie.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Banana is filling.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I usually like a cup of yogurt and two tablespoons of walnuts if I can't eat breakfast right away. I find that fruit doesn't stay with me long enough.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Do you like to eat breakfast

How about porridge with honey and sliced banana to fuel you through your cleaning ...that must be a physical taxing job

Or scrambled egg ..on toast (ok not so much a fruit)

If you need breakfast then a piece of fruit won't cut it IMO

Although a banana, Greek yogurt, raspberries milk smoothie might
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like grapefruit in the morning, or a banana, although I prefer the latter as an afternoon snack (I read somewhere it helps you sleep better).
  • packersfan0103
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    I've been told that a banana will keep your hunger at bay longer than others

Yeah. That's probably the easiest. Orange you have to peel and can be messy. Nectarines and plums too. Apple's IDK why I don't like biting in to so I cut up.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't the green veggie mix be processed? Or do you mean a mix of real green veggies?
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Personally I like bananas in the morning (I also use them in a protein smoothie for breakfast like others have mentioned above) I like the flavour, the creamy texture and the predetermined portion size hahaha.
  • packersfan0103
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Wouldn't the green veggie mix be processed? Or do you mean a mix of real green veggies?

I but a fresh kale, spinach and something else. Sorry I'm not at home to look.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    My husband has a janitorial service. On Saturday mornings it's a routine that we do a service or 2 before getting something to eat. As long as I have a piece of fruit and maybe a glass of water I should be okay. Right.

Be ok for what exactly? Are you worried about being hungry and needing to eat a little something to stave off hunger? Or are you thinking you absolutely must eat first thing in the morning? If it's the latter, don't worry about it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My first instinct is to say "all of them". Enjoy a variety. Add a protein for staying power like yogurt or an egg.
  • packersfan0103
    Options
    If you want. It sounds like you think you have to eat first thing. It's up to you. If you find you have no issue performing your duties without eating, you can do that, or find a quick something to hold you over until after. Totally up to you =) Something with protein, fat, fiber would be good to keep you satiated for longer, generally. Like suggested, a protein powder in milk or smoothie.

Yes. I read something about kick starting the metabolism by eating first thing in the morning. Saturdays I just don't have the time.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

I but a fresh kale, spinach and something else. Sorry I'm not at home to look.

Oh okay. I read that wrong lol.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Bananas, filling? lol