What fruit should I eat in the morning

Options

Replies

• packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    My husband has a janitorial service. On Saturday mornings it's a routine that we do a service or 2 before getting something to eat. As long as I have a piece of fruit and maybe a glass of water I should be okay. Right.

Be ok for what exactly? Are you worried about being hungry and needing to eat a little something to stave off hunger? Or are you thinking you absolutely must eat first thing in the morning? If it's the latter, don't worry about it.

Something to kick start the metabolism. I read somewhere something about having to kick start the metabolism when trying to lose weight. Monday through Friday I'm good. It's just Saturdays.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My husband has a janitorial service. On Saturday mornings it's a routine that we do a service or 2 before getting something to eat. As long as I have a piece of fruit and maybe a glass of water I should be okay. Right.

Be ok for what exactly? Are you worried about being hungry and needing to eat a little something to stave off hunger? Or are you thinking you absolutely must eat first thing in the morning? If it's the latter, don't worry about it.

Something to kick start the metabolism. I read somewhere something about having to kick start the metabolism when trying to lose weight. Monday through Friday I'm good. It's just Saturdays.

That is not true. Your metabolism doesn't need a kick start. Eat when you want, at a deficit, and you'll lose weight.
  • packersfan0103
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

That is not true. Your metabolism doesn't need a kick start. Eat when you want, at a deficit, and you'll lose weight.

Lol. If I ate what I wanted. That would NOT be a good idea.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

I said when. And you can eat what you want, even if it's french fries-if it fits into your deficit and you have hit your macros for the day (if that's important to you).
  • packersfan0103
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    marm1962 wrote: »
    I've been told that a banana will keep your hunger at bay longer than others

Yeah. That's probably the easiest. Orange you have to peel and can be messy. Nectarines and plums too. Apple's IDK why I don't like biting in to so I cut up.

I mean, I don't even know what to say to that there. So if someone peeled it for you, you would eat that?

Well. Knowing my schedule I guess I could peel it the night before and just stick it in the fridge.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    My thoughts were, you said you don't have time...are you hungry? Make a nice sandwich the night before & pack one to eat while the Hubs drives to your location. If you are trying to incorporate more fruit into your daily nutrition, grapes, bananas, blueberries, rasb/strawberries are easy & not messy. Wrap peaches/pears/plums in a paper towel & eat away, keeping the messy part soaked up in the paper towel.
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Yeah. That's probably the easiest. Orange you have to peel and can be messy. Nectarines and plums too. Apple's IDK why I don't like biting in to so I cut up.

I mean, I don't even know what to say to that there. So if someone peeled it for you, you would eat that?

Well. Knowing my schedule I guess I could peel it the night before and just stick it in the fridge.
    Peeling an orange takes like, 20 seconds? We're not talking about a pineapple or a pomegranate here :P
  • packersfan0103
    Options

I said when. And you can eat what you want, even if it's french fries-if it fits into your deficit and you have hit your macros for the day (if that's important to you).

Oh. Ok got it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

I'm partial to breakfast myself, but the whole must eat breakfast to kick-start the metabolism thing is not really grounded in any kind of science and is just basically one of those persistent myths that never seem to really go away.

Personally, I'd have issues doing a service or two on an empty stomach...but I wouldn't worry about the kick-starting of your metabolism.
  • amyhamilton15
    amyhamilton15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. Keeps me full for a couple of hours.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options

I'm sorry but you're just making excuses. We all have busy schedules. You could always wake up 30 seconds earlier and peel the orange. I don't think 30 seconds of sleep will be missed.

But what do I know. I'm just a guy that works 60 hours a week, 7 days a week, and gets up most days between 5 and 6 am to prepare my food for the day.

Just excuses.

I agree that peeling an orange isn't a big deal, but who said she needs to eat an orange??? No need to attack the poster. Plus, she's correct, oranges may not be the best choice for someone who wants something quick to eat on the go. So if she does want a piece of fruit, why not choose one of the many other choices that are easier? Besides, she doesn't need to eat anything at all if she's not hungry.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever fruit you like that fits your calorie goal. You can cut it up or peel it the night before and just put it in a container. Berries, apples, banana, orange, pineapple, mango, pear for example.
    Other foods are just as easy and portable though. Yogurt, cheese, a sandwich, granola bar, crackers, carrots, tomato, peppers, hard boiled eggs, nuts, or cooked chicken chunks.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I wake up every morning go to the gym, come home, get my daughter off to school. Get ready and then drive to work, where I work for an hour or so, before I finally eat something. Why wouldn't it be okay?
  • Shy_Yogi
    Shy_Yogi Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like to eat apples in the morning. The crunch wakes me up and the nutrition gives me energy. :smile:
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not.
    When I don't have time for breakie I blend together a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a banana, kale and almond coconut milk. You can take it with you and sip as you go

Or you could eat a couple of boiled eggs with a whole lot less trouble :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not.
    When I don't have time for breakie I blend together a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a banana, kale and almond coconut milk. You can take it with you and sip as you go

Or you could eat a couple of boiled eggs with a whole lot less trouble :)

lol true dat :smile: