What fruit should I eat in the morning

Options
13»

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You do not have to "kick start" the metabolism. It works 24 hours a day.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    marm1962 wrote: »
    I've been told that a banana will keep your hunger at bay longer than others

Yeah. That's probably the easiest. Orange you have to peel and can be messy. Nectarines and plums too. Apple's IDK why I don't like biting in to so I cut up.

I mean, I don't even know what to say to that there. So if someone peeled it for you, you would eat that?

Well. Knowing my schedule I guess I could peel it the night before and just stick it in the fridge.

I'm sorry but you're just making excuses. We all have busy schedules. You could always wake up 30 seconds earlier and peel the orange. I don't think 30 seconds of sleep will be missed.

But what do I know. I'm just a guy that works 60 hours a week, 7 days a week, and gets up most days between 5 and 6 am to prepare my food for the day.

Just excuses.

Well at least you get to sleep in. My alarm is set for 4:25 AM. I'm out the door by 7 and get home about 8- 8:30 PM if I'm lucky. Not making excuses. Was just trying to get some suggestions for alternatives.
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Yeah. That's probably the easiest. Orange you have to peel and can be messy. Nectarines and plums too. Apple's IDK why I don't like biting in to so I cut up.

I mean, I don't even know what to say to that there. So if someone peeled it for you, you would eat that?

Well. Knowing my schedule I guess I could peel it the night before and just stick it in the fridge.

I'm sorry but you're just making excuses. We all have busy schedules. You could always wake up 30 seconds earlier and peel the orange. I don't think 30 seconds of sleep will be missed.

But what do I know. I'm just a guy that works 60 hours a week, 7 days a week, and gets up most days between 5 and 6 am to prepare my food for the day.

Just excuses.

Well at least you get to sleep in. My alarm is set for 4:25 AM. I'm out the door by 7 and get home about 8- 8:30 PM if I'm lucky. Not making excuses. Was just trying to get some suggestions for alternatives.
    Ignore the criticism Valencia, if you sift through the responses, there have been some great suggestions. Like others have mentioned too, if you're not hungry, there's nothing wrong with postponing eating until you get a proper break.

Boiled eggs were a great idea though!
  • packersfan0103
    Options

Just excuses.

Ignore the criticism Valencia, if you sift through the responses, there have been some great suggestions. Like others have mentioned too, if you're not hungry, there's nothing wrong with postponing eating until you get a proper break.

Yeah I love all of the suggestions. As far as the boiled egg goes. How many days do they keep in the fridge? Oh and one more thing. I never FEEL HUNGRY. but I'm not going to not eat. Oh and something a few others have about I don't have to kick start my metabolism. I've also heard it slows down as you get older. I just turned 39. Do you know if that is true?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Just excuses.

Yeah I love all of the suggestions. As far as the boiled egg goes. How many days do they keep in the fridge? Oh and one more thing. I never FEEL HUNGRY. but I'm not going to not eat. Oh and something a few others have about I don't have to kick start my metabolism. I've also heard it slows down as you get older. I just turned 39. Do you know if that is true?

If you never feel hungry how do you have weight to lose?

Your metabolism doesn't need kick starting .. it just us

As you get older you tend to get less active and lose muscles .. no reason for it if you stay active and purposefully try to keep muscles
  • packersfan0103
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Just excuses.

As you get older you tend to get less active and lose muscles .. no reason for it if you stay active and purposefully try to keep muscles

Like you said as you get older you tend to be less active and I've just been eating all of the wrong things. According to the charts in the doctor's office I am considered obese.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Bananas, filling? lol
    They are if you eat them sideways!
  • jalarson23
    jalarson23 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot in the mornings because I'm not all that hungry in the morning usually anyway. Your body goes 8 hours without food the whole night. A few more hours isn't going to hurt you. The best thing to do is to eat something when you are hungry and don't go without eating for too long because you will most likely end up over eating when you do finally eat.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Just excuses.

Like you said as you get older you tend to be less active and I've just been eating all of the wrong things. According to the charts in the doctor's office I am considered obese.

The problem is not what you eat, it's how much.

Your metabolism does slow down a bit with age, but not enough to make a big difference and make you obese. This is an excuse.

Also you must be eating when you're not actually hungry because you just said you don't get hungry and yet you are obese. That does not make a lot of sense. I think you should take a few days to figure out exactly what hunger feels like. Wait and eat then.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Just excuses.

For the first 39 years of my life I ate whatever I wanted and stayed the same slim weight through out.
    Then 2 years ago when I turned 40 the weight slowly started creeping on... The only thing I can attribute this to, is yes your metabolism slows down as you get older :angry:

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Bananas, filling? lol
    They are if you eat them sideways!

Eaten whole and sideways.