Off the Meds! (inc lots of pics)

Options

Replies

• Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, this is a very inspiring story!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Love all the photos you included :)
  • VikkaVoss
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look beautiful & even better, your health has improved so much! Just wonderful! Great job!
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Day 4 in a lapse of sanity I decided to snack on a homemade butter cookie..

So for the last 4 hours I have been in ED with a swollen throat..
    Dose of steriods and I'm right to go home.. Neuro confirmed it's nothing to do with MS or the coming off my drugs.. Pure allergic reaction
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    This is the best success story. The weight loss gif at the end was an especially awesome touch. :)
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!

I'm on a similar journey but Connective Tissue Disease/Lupus. The mid level med I was allergic to and couldn't take...the next step was Chemotherapy and that wouldn't make side effect that were worse. I decided to start eating better and lose weight and see if that helps. I haven't gone back to the Rheumatologist but my wrists do not hurt anymore and my ankles hurt less so I think I am getting better. :smiley:
  • psychRN83
    psychRN83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    GREAT STORY!! Very inspiring. I have been on this trip myself with a chronic illness called idiopathic intracranial hypertension. I only hope to be as successful as you this year!!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. I've had a close friend and sister in law diagnosed with MS within the past year. I, myself, was tested as I had super severe carpal tunnel by the age of 26 with symptoms that were atypical of carpal. No lesions on my MRI, but I had 2 great aunts that had MS too so the doctors are "keeping an eye on me." They basically ask me about any numbness in hands or feet or vision issues EVERY time I'm in.

You are right, the differences in the MRI's is a very powerful image. I'm going to share your post with my friend and in-law. Both are in the obese category and could use the encouragement.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Wow honey! You've had faith, worked hard and it's wonderful to hear that it's paid off in such an enormous way. <3
  • JustStar30
    Options
    This is beyond amazing and inspiring! Congratulations to you!
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    As others have said, this brought tears to my eyes too. I'm so happy for you.
  • jennylea70
    jennylea70 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! You've done a fantastic job. Congratulations on all of your hard work.
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Wow! your awesome! great job!
  • Talulahj
    Talulahj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love your story! Thank you for sharing. I have MS as well and am off disease modification therapy. I am also on a weight loss journey and you inspire me. I will continue to rally for you. Yay!!!
  • colls0325
    colls0325 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So amazing! I hope your stories inspires others!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, amazing changes to your body. Please please please stay in touch with the neurologist, even if you have extended periods with no symptoms.
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WOW! The most AMAZING and inspiring success story ever. The medical changes with your health and how you fought through it, that is the best part of your story.
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Congratulations, amazing changes to your body. Please please please stay in touch with the neurologist, even if you have extended periods with no symptoms.

Thanx again everyone for the encourage and support.

Today is 3 weeks without the meds.. its been an interesting 3 weeks.
    but I'm feeling good about my decision to stop the meds.

I went into the Neuro office yesterday (for my parents to donate blood to MS Research on genetic trace-ability) and they were all so happy with how well i was doing.

I am booked for another MRI in September to see if a few months without the meds shows any different results.

I've also lost another 2.5kg (5.5lb) since stopping the meds... (the scales dropped quite quickly about 2 weeks after stopping) - and i can see the difference in my belly.

I bought some new tops yesterday - size 8 (US size 4) - i just need to buy some new jeans and I'll get you all some more pics!!

Thanx again for being there for me!!

Allie

• Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! You look fantastic. May you remain med free for ever xxx
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Dude!

You're awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!