Off the Meds! (inc lots of pics)

Options

Replies

• penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are my hero. I stafted at about the same weight and want to get to the same place.

Although I don't have MS, i can feel the obesity diseases snapping at my toes and know this is one of my last chances to sort myself out.

Thank you for posting this, it helps so much.

You look just amazing
  • Sherbear0123
    Sherbear0123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your journey to better your health and battle MS through changing your lifestyle is so inspiring! You look amazing and your face is beaming. Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Wow you're incredible. Way to go
  • carmenrosab
    carmenrosab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Incredible...just wow!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You are truly an inspiration!
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Stunning accomplishment - what a fantastic story. Many congratulations and here is to your continued success.
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Today I'm 4 weeks off the Meds.. They should now be fully out of my system.

I'm feeling great.. and even got back on the treadmill today!

I was really hungry yesterday.. so I snacked a little more than I should have..
    but still managed a 100gm loss (i know its not much.. but every down is not an up)

Hope you are all doing well.. and feel free to ask any questions.

Allie
  • jahlioness1977
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your inspirational journey! You're 10 types of wonderful :-)
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    This is one of the few times I'm almost speechless. What an inspiration. Your story is awesome!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    B)cheering_minions.gif
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Way to go girlie! You look awesome!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Be careful going off meds though. If you were eating the diet and taking the meds you don't know which actually helped the MS (the diet is obviously good for other reasons!). Here is to hoping you are well.
  • bigldesigns
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Be careful going off meds though. If you were eating the diet and taking the meds you don't know which actually helped the MS (the diet is obviously good for other reasons!). Here is to hoping you are well.

This was my exact reason for doing a med free trial.. I've set myself a review date of 8 weeks..
    At this point I will consider if I feel the meds were helping with the MS symptoms
    The MS drugs themselves are not known for reversing the brain lesions.. Only for slowing the progress.. So as such.. In my opinion it's the diet that helped me heal..

If it was the diet or drugs that stopped my progression.. Only this med free trial will tell!

I'm booked for an MRI in sept to see what effect the med free time has had..

Allie
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    Congratulations!

This was my exact reason for doing a med free trial.. I've set myself a review date of 8 weeks..
    At this point I will consider if I feel the meds were helping with the MS symptoms
    The MS drugs themselves are not known for reversing the brain lesions.. Only for slowing the progress.. So as such.. In my opinion it's the diet that helped me heal..

If it was the diet or drugs that stopped my progression.. Only this med free trial will tell!

I'm booked for an MRI in sept to see what effect the med free time has had..

Allie

Groovy! I am so happy to hear that!
    I hope that you are in permenant remission!
  • bigldesigns
    Options

Even if it only stays in remission for a few years.. This "lifestyle change" will have been worth it
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    What an amazing journey you have had! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Great job!
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Best story I've seen so far. Congrats! Good job! Hope your next MRI shows ALL of the bad stuff gone!
  • dizzymslizzy1020
    dizzymslizzy1020 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nice!!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options

Even if it only stays in remission for a few years.. This "lifestyle change" will have been worth it

Seeing how well you have done I think you will be ok! Good luck and thank you for keeping a complete stranger from worrying!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!