Skinny Miserably?

Options
13»

Replies

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Welp, I'm out. To heck with this noise, I wanted unicorns.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Honestly I'm happy with my weight, but I'm miserable with how restrictive I have to be to maintain it, and how hungry I am pretty much every time I allow myself a treat, which is pretty ridiculous for someone who's supposed to eat at maintenance and has a 2200 TDEE.

Before losing weight, I was miserable for reasons that are still the same today, and because I had bad image issues because of my weight (and my teeth, but they're almost fixed as well now).

So... obviously the non weight related issues are still here, the bad image issues are mostly gone (still hate all the loose skin though) but got traded for hunger and frustration because I can't eat what I want all the time.

I guess it is a different kind of miserable, and you have to decide what is worth more to you.

I get like this, too. But every time I go off my eating plan and get into the cookies and ice cream, I notice I have no energy and I feel really depressed. I don't know if the food affects my mood or if going off my eating plan did it, and I don't care, I just know I feel better about everything overall when I don't cave for cookies. But yeah, sometimes I get angry that I can't sit down with good old Ben and Jerry and all the Keebler elves and just eat myself into a sugar coma. I have to remind myself that the next morning I'm going to feel terrible if I give in.

Hahaha! Your phrasing here made me laugh. And, your sentiment is correct: sometimes it feels like it's hard work staying within our calorie and macro ranges, but the alternative of eating something that makes us feel good for a few minutes and then poorly for many hours afterwards isn't worth it, IMHO.

I agree, but for me it doesn't make me feel poorly at all when I eat 'junk', heck my workouts the next day are always better. It's just the guilt that sucks. So I figure at this point I'm screwed anyway, even if I 'gave up' I would never find that blessed denial I used to be in anymore.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    If you feel miserable all the time, you need to talk to a therapist. Really.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Spiderkeys wrote: »
    I ... I mean I know I was once miserable when I was obese, but I think that was a different type/feeling of being miserable.

Ck your carb levels.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »

Grouchy that magical rainbow unicorns haven't come to fix my life since I hit goal weight

^THIS. When I lost a lot of weight (too quickly, the first time, ~120 lbs) it was an enormous disappointment that all of my unhappiness, problems, and other issues didn't simply melt away too.