Morning work outers

Options
hesn92
hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
What time do you wake up in the morning? Any tips for a non morning person? Other than just do it? I really hate waking up in the morning :( it's so depressing.

Replies

• julian843
    Options
    Just do it #Nike
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I do crossfit at 5am. I’ll get up at 4am, take in a couple of cups of coffee, drop off my daily deuce, and get to the box around 4:45 - 4:50am. I go to bed earlier on the nights before so I’m still getting 8 hours.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    First alarm is 4:31am, second at 4:43am.
    I typically wake up before first alarm and get out of bed between the two.

Sucks at first but eventually you get used to it and even wake up at 4am on Sundays...
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:22. My best advice is not to use the snooze button or you'll talk yourself out of it.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    What's more depressing than getting up early is getting to the end of the day and realizing you don't have the time or energy to devote to a workout. (I know, that's not everybody but it's me BIG TIME.) I get up at 5:00 and just do it. It's been 2 years now and it's a natural habit that feels awesome, and not at all depressing. :)
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    My best advice is not to use the snooze button or you'll talk yourself out of it.

^^^^
    This is good advice. Also maybe putting your phone or alarm clock as far away from the bed as possible so you have to get up to turn it off.

I wake up at 5:30 every morning on weekdays (6:30 on weekends without an alarm) and do a quick 15 min. workout. Then I get a shower and get breakfast ready for my husband and myself.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I get up between 430 and 5. There's really no trick other than just do it.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I used to be a morning exerciser and I loved it! While it is hard to get out of bed in the morning, I enjoyed starting my day with that great feeling (like a runner's high) you get after a workout. It always helped me to have my clothes laid out the night before.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    6AM every weekday :) I have motivational music as my alarm so it wakes me up pumped
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:45am every morning Monday to Friday..... I go straight to my home gym and work out before anything else.... This gets me motivated for my day, and then i know it is done.... I may do some walking with the dog, playing baseball, golfing, etc.... but I know I have done my hard workout in the morning ! I do work out on weekends as well, I just don't get up that early to do it...
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I get up at 520am. I set my alarm clock across the room so I have to get up to turn it off. I have no choice but to get up because after work and at the end of the day my kids have activities and dinner to be made and cleaning to do and baths and bedtimes and by the end of it all its 9pm and I am exhausted I would just rather go to bed and do it first so there is no time for excuses and the kids are asleep. I hate getting up, I hate getting dressed, I hate pushing play on the dvd player, but I feel so much better afterwards and now its done and over with.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    knitapeace wrote: »
    What's more depressing than getting up early is getting to the end of the day and realizing you don't have the time or energy to devote to a workout. (I know, that's not everybody but it's me BIG TIME.) I get up at 5:00 and just do it. It's been 2 years now and it's a natural habit that feels awesome, and not at all depressing. :)
    My problem is more so that I just don't have time in the evenings. By the time I leave work and pick up my son it's almost 6pm then I have to make dinner and so many other things. Morning is the only time that makes sense for me to work out but I hate getting up early! I just need to get over it.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    5:30 - my best advice is to get everything ready to go the night before. My gym bag is packed, my clothes are set out. It's averaging -18 here in the mornings. If I give myself any excuse, I'll just crawl back into bed.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Up at 5, out the door at 5:15 with a 1/2 powerbar and a glass of water in me. I agree with @Jennloella‌, Just do it . Funny, on most days I plan to run (my morning workout) I don't need the snooze, anxiety gets me up before the alarm clock.
    clock_028.GIF
  • abaldi0506
    abaldi0506 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ I prep my food for the day and my clothes the night before. I get up at 5:25am and get to a 6:00am crossfit everyday. I try to go to bed before 10pm to get enough sleep as possible. I eat a hardboiled egg before workout for some quick protein. I do sleep in on the weekends (8am). It sucks getting up, but I feel that way whether it's 5:25am or 8:25am :-) but feels soooo good when the workout is done!
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:00. I put my alarm across the room so I have to get out of bed to turn it off, it keeps me from just hitting snooze and rolling back over. I hated getting up so early when I first started but after doing it for a while your body adjusts and most times I am awake and ready to work out before the alarm even rings.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5:30. Just do it. It never gets easier, but it does get less awful after awhile.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I bet there are a few of us in northern climates who are dreading the coming time change. ;)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Before I had my baby I was up at 430 every morning to get my workout in. I would go to be at 830 to make sure I got all my sleep. After the baby.... not so much.... I now get up at 6... I can't wait to get back on my 430am schedule!
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am up around 5:45am and out the door for a run by 6. I layout my clothes/shoes the night before and have my espresso ready on the stove top to make. All I have to do is pee, change, brush teeth, and down my espresso.

Do you have a work-out buddy that would be willing to meet you in the am? It definately helps knowing that someone is relying on you.