I lost 21 pounds in one month

Options
i stayed under my calorie budget every day and stayed active. I didn't even work out a lot. I went to the gym maybe 5 or 6 times but I stay active at work doing as much walking as I can. It all worked! I don't think I would have done it without myfitnesspal

Replies

• lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wow! Great job! I lost 20 pounds in a year. Lol! I'm trying to lose another 20 by summer. Do you mind if I ask for more specific details concerning your calorie goal, macros, what you eat in a typical day, etc? What's your secret? (Aside from being young!) :)
  • possingk
    possingk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is great.
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I don't believe you.
  • AtallaMelissa
    AtallaMelissa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! I lost 20 pounds in a year. Lol! I'm trying to lose another 20 by summer. Do you mind if I ask for more specific details concerning your calorie goal, macros, what you eat in a typical day, etc? What's your secret? :)

I bought a fitness tracker to help me see what calories I'm burning, I started walking on the treadmill and when I started working too much I couldn't go to the gym so before I go to work I would pack an already packaged salad ($2.58) at Walmart. Some raw almonds, fiber one bars, granola, and drank water like crazy. I count calories on everything and made sure not to eat after 6 or 7
  • AtallaMelissa
    Options
    I don't believe you.

Well I didn't believe it either but I started jan 20th at 189 lbs and now it's feb 24th and I weigh 168 as of this morning u do the math
  • lisawinning4losing
    Options
    What is your daily calorie goal?
  • lisawinning4losing
    Options
    I don't believe you.

She's young and active. It's totally possible. Maybe us "old" folks can't lose quite so fast, but still I'm curious to know what she did. Don't be so negative or so quick to call someone a liar.

• AtallaMelissa
    Options
    What is your daily calorie goal?

1,380 is my goal and I haven't reached it yet. I try to imagine the number being 1,100. I hit all my protein goals and I take a multivitamin daily. I change up what I eat everyday. I'll have bread once a week. Tuna one day, chicken the next day, fruits one day, vegetables the next day. That way I don't get bored and my body's still happy and satisfied
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I also looked at that! There was on day that was 1100ish and there was a glass of wine in there.... So either you don't track everything or you are starving yourself which will back fire in the long run!
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I didn't call her a liar, I just didn't believe her claim, certainly not by how she has described her weight loss in her opening gambit. Something isn't right about how this was achieved or else she is promoting unhealthy eating habits. 21lbs to lose in 1 month is extremely unhealthy for a person who is in and around an already healthy weight.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You will likely lose a fair amount of muscle mass and open yourself up to a whole slew of health problems if you continue your current habits. Please consider slowing things down as you did not gain all of your weight overnight.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

http://www.livestrong.com/article/518807-negative-side-effects-of-eating-less-than-1-200-calories-a-day/
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Best of luck on your journey. If your diary is remotely accurate, you're doing yourself no favors.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I didn't call her a liar, I just didn't believe her claim, certainly not by how she has described her weight loss in her opening gambit. Something isn't right about how this was achieved or else she is promoting unhealthy eating habits. 21lbs to lose in 1 month is extremely unhealthy for a person who is in and around an already healthy weight.

*nods*

As someone else mentioned, she's consuming 500-800 cals a day so in that case, I do believe that she did lose that amount in a month..especially if she managed to be somewhat "active".

I can't congratulate this. It's unsafe and unhealthy, especially seeing (if it is correct) you only had 30lbs to lose per your ticker on your profile.

That's like saying, "Congrats on going from one end of the spectrum of screwing around with your health/body to another!"
  • AtallaMelissa
    Options
    Ya you guys are right but these last 2 weeks I haven't been tracking everything I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit that I dont track. But wow I don't think I like these forums anymore. I'm not stupid enough to starve myself I just wanted to share my story and help people with tips. Thanks guys
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Please, please be careful and eat to fuel your body. Eating 500-700 calories per day could make you very sick. Your body won't be able to sustain this, and you will quickly put it back on when you have to start eating normally again. Please believe me. I've yo-yo'd like this up and down 80lbs since about the age of 18 (I'm almost 30)...and this time, I'm doing it right, because I've ruined my body over the last 12 years, and it's taking forever to regulate myself. I also see that you're taking Slim Quick or something like that. Please be careful taking diet pills. I'm not trying to be judgmental...I just know from experience what the harmful effects of starving yourself to lose weight are. I developed a painstaking eating disorder that I still struggle with to this day, as well as bouts of dehydration resulting in hospitalization, anemia, hypokalemia and vitamin D deficiency. I've been where you are, and it feels great until you become ill in one way or another and the weight comes back on because your body is trying to repair itself. Good luck to you!!!! :-)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    MelWick524 wrote: »
    Please, please be careful and eat to fuel your body. Eating 500-700 calories per day could make you very sick. Your body won't be able to sustain this, and you will quickly put it back on when you have to start eating normally again. Please believe me. I've yo-yo'd like this up and down 80lbs since about the age of 18 (I'm almost 30)...and this time, I'm doing it right, because I've ruined my body over the last 12 years, and it's taking forever to regulate myself. I also see that you're taking Slim Quick or something like that. Please be careful taking diet pills. I'm not trying to be judgmental...I just know from experience what the harmful effects of starving yourself to lose weight are. I developed a painstaking eating disorder that I still struggle with to this day, as well as bouts of dehydration resulting in hospitalization, anemia, hypokalemia and vitamin D deficiency. I've been where you are, and it feels great until you become ill in one way or another and the weight comes back on because your body is trying to repair itself. Good luck to you!!!! :-)

tumblr_luoxltKH9w1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    We're trying to help, hun. We just want to make sure you are healthy and happy!! :-)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ya you guys are right but these last 2 weeks I haven't been tracking everything I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit that I dont track. But wow I don't think I like these forums anymore. I'm not stupid enough to starve myself I just wanted to share my story and help people with tips. Thanks guys

What would the math be, assuming you're actually eating 1100. What would the math be for you to lose over 5LBS a week? How much would you be burning, do you think? i.e., What do you think your TDEE is for that kind of a loss?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!