I lost 21 pounds in one month

Options
2»

Replies

• jkramsey42
    jkramsey42 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ya you guys are right but these last 2 weeks I haven't been tracking everything I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit that I dont track. But wow I don't think I like these forums anymore. I'm not stupid enough to starve myself I just wanted to share my story and help people with tips. Thanks guys

Stupid or no, you're not eating enough calories. If you have unhealthy habits, you're in no place to give "tips" to anybody else.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It amazes me at the number of people who show up on a Success thread and spew vile at the successful person. She didn't ask anyone for advice.

To OP, congrats on the weight loss!
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    People we need to be careful, is not ok to be judging people without having all the information. Some people don't track everything that they eat. Sometimes I don't track my vegetables, lettuce or fruits. So lets be nice and ask question before giving negative feedback.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    berto23 wrote: »
    People we need to be careful, is not ok to be judging people without having all the information. Some people don't track everything that they eat. Sometimes I don't track my vegetables, lettuce or fruits. So lets be nice and ask question before giving negative feedback.

21lbs lost in a month averages to 5.25lbs/week. Unless she's 300lbs overweight, this type of loss is not healthy and the only way to be achieved is by severely undereating/undernetting. So unless she's lying about the loss, then there is no jumping to conclusions.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    happygalah wrote: »
    It amazes me at the number of people who show up on a Success thread and spew vile at the successful person. She didn't ask anyone for advice.

Pointing out the dangers of what the OP did isn't just for the OP, but for lurkers who might decide to try to harm themselves thinking that this way is actually healthy.

• MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Exactly...it's more for the lurkers...that would've been, and was me at one point...a lurker just dying for a quick fix, no matter the consequences.
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

You're absolutely right. What I went through WAS vile, and if spewing it may help someone avoid the same fate, then so be it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Not an advocate of starving to meet a goal.
  • newmommycrystal
    Options
    Congratulations to you hun.... ignore Everyone else .... if u eat healthy ...and exercise this is possible I lost 16 ibs in a month too and I started at your weight ... still holding onto my baby weight from my son's birth a year ago. . Some days I eat only 1100 calories but I snack and eat all day and only healthy items.. protein every meal and tons of water to stay full...
    Keep it going !! :)
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    How do I do that 'rolls eyes in'dismay' smiley, I think it's appropriate right about now.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

Bile. The word you want is bile.
  • margieevans77
    Options
    Congratulations and I hope I can attain what you did. I am struggling so much on losing weight and it's affecting my health life and moods. I haven't had the easiest life not going to dwell on that but I've always resorted to eating to cope. I am excited for you and it's motivational. I wouldn't listen to them it's very possible to lose that amount if you are dedicated. When I was doing nursing yes it's very possible to lose very fast if you are nonstop moving. I didn't have to work out back then ! Well, keep up the good work hopefully I can say the same thing in a month too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!