I did it for the cosplay

Options
Sure, health, fitness, overall general wellness, blah blah blah. But what really motivated me to lose weight was wanting to look fabulous in costume. And now that I'm at my approximate goal weight, I've gotten my dream costume. Ever since the new Ms. Marvel was announced in the fall of 2013, I knew I wanted to cosplay her. My weight loss ticker background here on MFP since the very beginning has been a panel from her comic. I had this costume in my mind every single day on MFP, from 205 lbs down to 120.

And now here I am, actually willingly prancing around in spandex, in public.

From this (which is actually 15 lbs less than my starting weight, so it was actually worse):

14565894351_effb1f149a_o.jpg

To this:

n9iae5m0j8t2.jpggm6f6mn64bdc.jpg
0pdhhomzsppo.jpg

I took a brief break from MFP in the last month, but two and a half months into maintenance, and I'm feeling fine. Now that I've got a good size collection of costumes that fit, I'm motivated to maintain my weight loss so I can continue to fit into them. It would be a shame to hang up Ms. Marvel anytime soon. Plus, I've got a whole long list of other costumes on the to do list!

Yes, I did it all for the cosplay.

I'm not talented enough to sew myself - the awesome people behind Celebration Generation are responsible for the costume and Ms. Marvel pictures.

celebrationgeneration.com/

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Bless your cotton socks! I can't think of a better reason to lose! You look Great as Ms Marvel.

• JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    FOR THE COSPLAY!

It's great to see a fellow cosplayer here :)

I'm also in the process of losing inches for cosplay (I'm done looking like the pregnant version of the characters) . My plan for 2016 is to do the new 52 hawkgirl and Throne of Atlantis Mera.

My plan for this year is Flashpoint Wonder Woman, Ragyo from Kill la Kill, and Baymax from big Hero 6

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    AHHHHH Love it! My goal is to look adorable as Kaylee from Firefly this Halloween. I got the umbrella and just need the rest. You look so good and look so happy!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Love the pic with the bubble gum! :) Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Ha, well done you ;) Cosplay girls are a world apart, takes a lot of commitment to do what you do. Keep up the great work :D
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This made my inner nerd so happy :) Congratulations sweetie, you look wonderful. And best of all, you are having fun with the results and with life; I envy you.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    you rock it! looks like alot of FUN... congrats!
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've hosted cosplays at many anime and comic cons. Your story makes me wish I could show your before and now pics during my hosting, to true effect. Well done!

One of my goals in fitness is so the conventions I host can easily take on my "host cosplay challenge" - that is, if someone were to provide me a costume, I'd wear it regardless of what it was. Last summer, I was Elsa. And proud to do the dress justice. ;)

Mark
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That is soooooo awesome. Congratulations!
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, grats! And also seriously inspiring because I started at the same weight and have the same goal: rock that cosplay ;)
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    As good a reason as any! You look fab, well done. :D
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Love it and what a fantastic reason!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Very cool!
  • kmoney92
    kmoney92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great story -- that's one great way to stay motivated! :)

I've got my sights set on GoGo Tomago and Shao Jun (from Assassin's Creed) this year.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That's good goal to have to motivate to loose weight, your look fantastic! I have not cosplayed yet, but it is something I want to do next time I go to Supernova or comic con.
  • afnelson
    afnelson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jenjay8045 wrote: »
    love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Haha great job! I did the same too (I'm dressed as Arrow):

1932334_10203343134844537_7690202302279727529_n.jpg?oh=964422e2cecfcc032b8751ff4d7c1d23&oe=5550A2E5&__gda__=1431137973_cf3102faeccc9b3762389d5359d81567

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!