Running Question

Options
13»

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Jaxsonjess wrote: »
    Well don't know if anyone will check this but I slowed it down and I was able to run 15 min straight and stopped for 5 cause I was happy, I did a whole mile!! Then I did 5 more min. I just turned it down like .5 on the speed!!! I was extatic!!

Yes many people will read this and you found the answer. Well done. Best of luck.

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are well on your way now. Ditto on the advice to not increase too much distance at once. The general rule is do not increase your total mileage more than 10% week to week. Also, every 3 or 4 weeks it is a good idea to take it easy that week and cut your mileage back 25% to 50% total, running easy all that week to let muscles and tendons build, and to give your body a break.
  • Jaxsonjess
    Jaxsonjess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! Yah I have been sticking at 2, did it a few times, this morning I even cut back cause it was taking all my might to do two and I also want to have enough engery to lift weights ! So I guess I can do the couch to 5k! Here I thought I could not finish it! Yahh!!