Breasts still a D cup

Options
My body slims out..my butt is in a small however my breasts are still a D cup??? :(

Replies

• angelunchained5
    angelunchained5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    God no...never thought they would grow...just have had so many women I know say they workout and they go down. I've always felt uncomfortable with them so big But that seems to be the way they are staying. So time for me to try and enjoy having larger breasts. Thank you for sharing. :)
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i can understand if maybe proportionally they are large enough to make finding clothes that fit right challenging. plus finding a sports bra that keeps everything under wraps is more of an investment than those cute little cami bras or a top with a built-in. personally, i am also a D and don't have a problem with them staying as i lose, but i also wouldn't have an issue with going down to a C (or at least i don't think i would :wink: )
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Okay.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    She probably expected them to get smaller (a fair assumption with weight loss after all) and is just confused as to why they haven't yet. I couldn't wait for my E cups to shrink!

OP, my boobs took a bit longer than the rest of me to get smaller, it took almost a 30lb loss before they changed; yours may catch up if you're still losing, or they may not, everyone is different so it's pretty much impossible to say if and when they will get smaller.
  • angelunchained5
    Options
    aam117 wrote: »
    i can understand if maybe proportionally they are large enough to make finding clothes that fit right challenging. plus finding a sports bra that keeps everything under wraps is more of an investment than those cute little cami bras or a top with a built-in. personally, i am also a D and don't have a problem with them staying as i lose, but i also wouldn't have an issue with going down to a C (or at least i don't think i would :wink: )
    Thank you...it's true it can make getting good sports bra fits harder...and with buying clothing needing large on top and small on the bottom can be a challenge...maybe a C would be ok ;)

• angelunchained5
    Options
    She probably expected them to get smaller (a fair assumption with weight loss after all) and is just confused as to why they haven't yet. I couldn't wait for my E cups to shrink!

OP, my boobs took a bit longer than the rest of me to get smaller, it took almost a 30lb loss before they changed; yours may catch up if you're still losing, or they may not, everyone is different so it's pretty much impossible to say if and when they will get smaller.

Oh well maybe they will catch up because I still have some work to do. That helps to know. Thank you!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    mine never did get smaller(hallelujah been working out almost 3 years) ,just one band size smaller but thats it. But then again I dont have much to lose on top so lol
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    The smallest I've ever gotten in the chest was a C-Cup during weight loss (at my lowest weight and that was far too low). When I have an extra 15lbs on me they're a D. Not everyone shrinks a great deal during weight loss, your bodys makeup may just naturally have a larger amount of breast tissue in the area vs fat that can be lost over time.
  • Chilepepper34
    Chilepepper34 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't know why many of this comments are so salty -- everyone has different issues. I completely understand that you might not be comfortable with larger breasts and may have been hoping for them to shrink when you lost weight. I can see how they might be an issue if you're thinning out and they are staying the same size (ex: finding clothing that flatters all of you, sports bras, regular bras!, bathing suits). Sometimes it's just how we are built and our genes! Own them girl (: I am sure you look beautiful!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    FR sent...
  • angelunchained5
    Options
    The smallest I've ever gotten in the chest was a C-Cup during weight loss (at my lowest weight and that was far too low). When I have an extra 15lbs on me they're a D. Not everyone shrinks a great deal during weight loss, your bodys makeup may just naturally have a larger amount of breast tissue in the area vs fat that can be lost over time.

I'm glad I asked...I was feeling like a freak of nature. Thank you for sharing! :)
  • plusquechose
    plusquechose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    there are (broadly speaking) two kinds of breasts: fatty and dense. A lot of women have fatty breasts and so when they lose weight their breasts shrink. If you have dense breasts your breasts may shrink a little but not much. At my thinnest 125lbs at 5'6" I was still an F cup because I have dense breasts. I was only a 30 in band size, which actually meant that a lot of the "fit" issues didn't apply since most clothes is built for women with similar overall volume (like a 34C isn't much bigger circumference wise than me at a 30F). If your concern is bathing suits and bras you should check out Freya and Panache.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    frabz-It-has-come-to-my-attention-you-have-boobies-is-this-true-5b9b21.jpg
  • angelunchained5
    Options
    I don't know why many of this comments are so salty -- everyone has different issues. I completely understand that you might not be comfortable with larger breasts and may have been hoping for them to shrink when you lost weight. I can see how they might be an issue if you're thinning out and they are staying the same size (ex: finding clothing that flatters all of you, sports bras, regular bras!, bathing suits). Sometimes it's just how we are built and our genes! Own them girl (: I am sure you look beautiful!
    Awww...thank you! That is exactly what I'm trying to do! Feels a bit different but I'm working on 'owning it' :)

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    In addition to some of these good answers:

Bra size is proportional. So in pop culture we like to refer to things as like, "a D cup" as if that is a static thing. But it's actually in relation to the band measurement.

And bra sizes have sister sizes, because they are proportional.

A woman with a 38D is very similar to a woman with a 36DD or a 40C. And if you wear a 38D, and lose a bit of weight, 36DD will be the next one you'd try on, then maybe 36D. Doubtful you'll get to 36C, as that's actually quite a change in *proportion*.

Usually, as band size goes up 1, cup goes down one. As band size shrinks 1, cup goes up 1.

And on top of that, popular retailers are actually using a wonky sizing method. If you ever go into a boutique where they sell bras using the better sizing method, your number will seem crazy to you. And the big chains aren't sized exactly the same across stores, or even across lines.

Depending on how I gain/lose, I can be a 32DDD, 34DD, 36D (where I'm at now). That's just me proportionally getting smaller. And I would be smaller, at 32DDD, even though like, wow, 3 Ds!

So all this to say... you don't know how you will lose fat (proportionally or not) or when it will come off what areas of your body. But the letter isn't probably something you should focus on too much because it's actually pretty much the most inaccurate and least important thing to look at to judge how your breasts are changing.

Get fitted often, especially if you're losing a lot. Measure yourself. Take photos. And keep your old bras for cup comparisons.
  • angelunchained5
    Options
    moijo705 wrote: »
    Seriously D is a great size to be.. its not that big (you wanna try having mine and i only 32 band size ;)) , i'm sure it will take some getting used to because you have slimmed down they will seem so much bigger .. maybe someone here can give you advice on reducing them a little via exercise or diet. if not then enjoy what god gave you ;)
    Sounds good! :)
  • angelunchained5
    Options
    mine never did get smaller(hallelujah been working out almost 3 years) ,just one band size smaller but thats it. But then again I dont have much to lose on top so lol
    ;)

• angelunchained5
    Options
    there are (broadly speaking) two kinds of breasts: fatty and dense. A lot of women have fatty breasts and so when they lose weight their breasts shrink. If you have dense breasts your breasts may shrink a little but not much. At my thinnest 125lbs at 5'6" I was still an F cup because I have dense breasts. I was only a 30 in band size, which actually meant that a lot of the "fit" issues didn't apply since most clothes is built for women with similar overall volume (like a 34C isn't much bigger circumference wise than me at a 30F). If your concern is bathing suits and bras you should check out Freya and Panache.
    Thank you...that is great information and might be my situation. ..I will check out Freya and Panache for sure!