GAINED 5 lbs, LOST inches with heavy lifting.

Options
before (5 lbs LIGHTER than i am now):

tumblr_mnwt83vfyD1qih32ko2_500.jpg

after (5 lbs HEAVIER):

tumblr_mnwt83vfyD1qih32ko1_500.jpg

Replies

• Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Nice to see this as im at this stage! Im starting to lift and was previously obsessed with scales.

You look fab :)

Feel free to share what you did :D haha. You thighs look amazing
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great! May I ask how long you've been lifting heavy? How long was it before you noticed your changes? Keep up the good work, it's definitely paying off!
  • singbleu
    singbleu Posts: 4
    Options
    That's what I'm talkin' about! I've been doing very little cardio but a lot of heavy lifting; losing weight bit by bit, but I've lost eight inches round my waist. Keep it up!
  • themeaningofthemorning
    themeaningofthemorning Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!

re: your questions -

i did whatever my trainer told me to do. it included a lot of compound lifts (squats, deadlifts, etc) and some filler isolations. i'll say that "what i did" was hire a professional to help me. too many of us try lifting on our own and it's just too confusing since we don't necessarily have the knowledge to do it correctly.

i didn't realize i had made such strides until i actually compared photos a couple days ago! i thought i looked exactly the same!
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well someone's covered in awesomeness! Great job, You're my new inspiration,
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I just wish more women would stop obsessing about scale weight and get with the program. I feel almost sad for the ones that are like," I know it's just water weight, but when will it go away?" They never end up looking anywhere near as good as they could if they just focused on proper diet and fitness rather than starving their bodies and droning away on cardio machines.

You rock OP....
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Nice work, and inspirational
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! You look beautiful in both photos but no denying you are worlds tinier and more toned in the second.

Once I hit goal weight I'm on the heavy lifting train! Did you tell your trainer you wanted to lift heavy or is that just what he recommended?
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    I told her! She was so shocked and happy that I wanted to try, as most women are obsessed with cardio circuit training.
  • kugelette
    kugelette Posts: 25
    Options
    you look amazing! great job. kudos for getting FIT, not THIN.
  • runfrazierrun
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What sort of time scale did it take to get your results?
  • xcassiiex
    xcassiiex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! How long were you lifting in between those two pictures?
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    About 2.5 months between photos
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    great transformation!
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm also incorporating lifting. Last week I felt like a failure because I was measuring my success by a scale. The fact that I'm slowly seeing more definition in the mirror wasn't good enough. I seem to gain muscle quickly, but I still wasn't satisfied. The fact that I'm feeling stronger physically and mentally was still not good enough. This doesn't sound logical! I reprogrammed my mind. I removed my scale from the bathroom. I'm only weighing every 1-2 wks. I love poppin my biceps in the mirror POP!. I like poking my traps. I find the firmness of my forearm sexy. I love feeling out my legs for lovely lumps when I'm standing. Am I the only that does this? Anyways, thanks for this post. It was a great reminder that I'm doing the right thing.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! You look beautiful in both photos but no denying you are worlds tinier and more toned in the second.

Once I hit goal weight I'm on the heavy lifting train! Did you tell your trainer you wanted to lift heavy or is that just what he recommended?

Why wait? Start now!
  • xElineeee
    xElineeee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Two weeks ago I also started lifting and my weight has shot up! I'm not yet seeing results in my measurements, but I'm hoping to get the same results like you do! :)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I just wish more women would stop obsessing about scale weight and get with the program. .... They never end up looking anywhere near as good as they could if they just focused on proper diet and fitness rather than starving their bodies and droning away on cardio machines.

I think I :heart: you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!