Yogurt based salad dressings?

Options
LuckyStar813
LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
If you have recipes for yogurt based salad dressings - please share! I love yogurt and would love some creamy dressings without the extra fat from store bought brands. i dont' mind adding some olive oil.

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I make a strawberry spinach salad (sometimes with baby kale) that uses a yogurt based dressing. I use 6 oz (sometimes one of those pre portioned) 0% fat no sugar added yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp splenda or dash of stevia, 1 tbsp chia seeds or poppy seeds or flax seed. Mix and its ready. I grab a bowl of spinach and baby kale and slice some strawberries on top, add the dressing and toss. Honestly I'd probably eat it for dessert.
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It's not a recipe but bolthouse has a line of yogurt based dressings
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I use Bolthouse Farms yogurt based dressings.
  • LuckyStar813
    Options
    I have seen Bolthouse juices in the store. Are the dressings in the fridge section or shelf?
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Creamy Greek - 2 parts Greek yogurt, one part red wine vinegar, then olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle in some oregano, parsley, dill, mint, whatever you have on hand.
    Creamy chipotle - Greek yogurt plus Tabasco brand Chipotle sauce, pepper to taste
  • LuckyStar813
    Options
    Creamy greek - YUM! thanks!!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I have seen Bolthouse juices in the store. Are the dressings in the fridge section or shelf?

My supermarket keeps them in the produce aisle on the shelves in the cold vegetable area. Always right above the prepackaged salads.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,673 Member
    Options
    This one is buttermilk based rather than yoghurt, but buttermilk (being the by product of making butter) is very low fat. Still tasty with the smaller quantities of sour cream and mayo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/ranch-dressing-recipe_n_3769342.html
  • gusinott
    gusinott Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My go-to yogurt dressing is Greek yogurt dressing.

175.00 g, 0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
    1.00 tsp Garlic powder
    1.00 tbsp Onion powder
    1.00 tbsp Chives (Raw) or 1 tsp dried
    Dash Pepper
    1.00 tsp Honey
    1/4 tsp Salt (or Salt Substitute)
    1 tbsp, Miracle Whip, Calorie-wise (I also use reduced-fat mayonnaise)
    *4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
    *1/2 Cup Skim Milk

*Or substitute milk and lemon for buttermilk

Mix all ingredients and use as desired.

• CaffeineAssisted
    CaffeineAssisted Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I am craving ranch for veggies or a salad I just buy the ranch dip packages and mix it with Greek yogurt. If I want it to be more of a salad dressing consistency I add a small amount of milk or water to thin it out. Its delicious when I really need that creamy flavor.
  • LuckyStar813
    Options
    I will look in the salad area for Bolthouse Farms dressings and make a couple recipes this week, when I food prep!
  • runsmallx
    runsmallx Posts: 20
    Options
    My local grocery store has the yogurt dressings in the produce section, I bought a bottle of Marie's parmasean caesar dressing a few days ago and it's pretty good.
  • kristn__
    kristn__ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt 0% mixed with a bit of salsa is delicious on salads!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms dressings are delicious! And their caesar dressing(which I haven't tried yet) doesn't have anchovies in it like regular caesar does.
    Their Ranch and Cilantro Ranch dressings are great, as well as their vinegarette.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My go-to dressing for salads, wraps, sandwiches and so many more:
    • Greek yogurt
    • Honey
    • Mustard
    • Crushed garlic
    • Optional: Milk to dilute the dressing if it's too thick

The ratio of honey, mustard and garlic is completely up to your taste buds. :)
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    1 cup cilantro
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    1Tlbs olive oil
    1 TLBS Lime Juice
    2 tsp garlic
    2 TLBS vinegar
    salt if needed to taste

Process all in food processor. Makes 16 servings 1 TLBS serving size is 12 calories
  • rissavanwey
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I use Bolthouse Farms yogurt based dressings.

I prefer to spend time cooking/prepping other things, although there are some good recipes here!

I love that these dressings are healthy and low-cal (less than 50 cals per 2Tbs, usually) without being made of a ton of fake crap. I mean, yeah, they're not 100% pronounceable ingredients but it's better than Kraft, right? :)

tried and loved:
    - Cilantro Avocado
    - Chunky Blue Cheese
    - Mango Chipotle
    - Caesar Parmigiano

Tried Honey Mustard and didn't love it, it was really REALLY sweet to me. May be good to cook with or something, but was too overwhelming on salads and wraps.

These aren't yogurt-based, but are still staples at our house:
    - Classic Balsamic
    - Raspberry Merlot

Also apparently they have a new one, Caramelized Sweet Onion. It's going on my grocery list!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I love Bolthouse dressings, but also make my own YUMMY tzaziki dressing.

6 oz plain nonfat greek yogurt
    1 cucumber, peeled and chopped fine (sprinkle with salt and drain in a colander)
    1 tsp minced garlic or garlic salt
    1 tsp chopped fresh dill ( or can use dried)
    2 Tbsp lemon juice ( or more to taste)

I use this on salads, wraps or topping for rice bowls. Very low fat and low calorie but tastes divine!
  • gusinott
    gusinott Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    votkuhr wrote: »
    My go-to dressing for salads, wraps, sandwiches and so many more:
    • Greek yogurt
    • Honey
    • Mustard
    • Crushed garlic
    • Optional: Milk to dilute the dressing if it's too thick

The ratio of honey, mustard and garlic is completely up to your taste buds. :)

This is delicious! Thanks for the idea!