What do I do at day 1000...

Options
Hi

Today is day 911. I am aiming for day 1000, but I am not sure if I am gonna be able to stop! Logging has become part of my life now, and I still weigh almost everything as I know my portion control by eye is 'generous' even now.
Is this necessarily a bad thing!!!

Replies

• denafarmer33
    denafarmer33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    911 days? I'm on 80 something!
  • denafarmer33
    denafarmer33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything too but I'm pretty accurate by eye.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Im at 522 streak here - haven't missed a day since I started & have no plans to. :D

Some can re-learn the ability to be fairly accurate at eyeballing portion size & can eventually ween themselves off of MFP & maintain. Some can't, tries, & returns in the GETTING STARTED or INTRO sections with 'back again' or 'starting over'

The importance is to be aware of your own limitations and what works for you.

I know my internal portion calculator does not work with any sort of accuracy so I plan to be a MFP lifer & I'm TOTALLY embrace it. It's a seamless part of my routine now.

Based on OP if weighing food & logging daily is not a burden, then I don't quite understand why one would want to stop. Just continue to do what you're doing no?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    the number of days is sort of not true. I have been here since June 17th 2013 but because I travel to places without internet connections I miss days...doesn't mean I don't log I typically prelog or post log when I get home...don't get too caught up on that number......I will continue to log as well but won't let it rule my life either...if I miss a day due to travel or something so be it...
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Eat an unaccounted for 1000 calorie treat! :smiley:
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    390 for me. It would be about 600, but I missed one day last year (damn super bowl Sunday). I plan to log for a long time to come. It keeps me honest. My eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I think it's great. I'm at 958. I enjoy it, although I don't weigh often and just measure periodically at this point. It's funny - I still wake up in the morning with an Oh! if I realize I forgot to log something the day before. Everyone has their eccentricities. At least this one's healthy.

(Actually, I must have passed 1000. I started May 1 and when on a trip to South Africa in July of that year. I logged everything every single day on my cell phone, but didn't get online, so it didn't 'count'. Now you can fix that automatically, but at that time you couldn't. I still have not missed a day or a meal.)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job. I plan on logging for a long long time :)
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on ever stopping although I've relaxed on weighing some things that I know are pretty close on weight. I pre-log the majority of my food though. It helps with meal planning and grocery shopping too. I just recently hit 500 days.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    A few of my MFPs are beyond 1,000, and they swear by continuing to log... because it works for them. I'm somewhere in the 500's and like you, logging has become a part of my life; so I am planning on continuing to weigh my food and log to 1,000 days and well beyond!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Maybe you could set some new goals be it fitness or health in general.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I'm at Day #996 today and my plan for day #1000 is the same thing I've done for the past 996. Write what I bite & work out.

I hit my goal range on day #640 (and have lost an additional 15 lbs since then and am trying to maintain this).
  • shaddowstorm
    shaddowstorm Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    wow tomorrow will be my 300th I am aiming for a whole year and I know what u mean it has become a part of my life. I weigh my foods as well some say I'm obsessed but hey if it keeps me on track and healthy why not
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    At day 1000, you wait for 1001- Awesome logging!
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    dfranch wrote: »
    I plan to log for a long time to come. It keeps me honest. My eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach.

Mine are too.... and I do plan to keep on logging as it is not a burden. I just wondered if it would seem to be obsessive. Thank you to all the positive responders and congrats on all your successes too :D
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    If logging is still working for you, there's no need to drop it. For me, it was preventing me from developing better habits and behaviours with food and eating, as I was letting the numbers decide what I ate instead of listening to my body, so after 6 months of logging last year, I decided to give it up last week.

If you are thinking about giving up logging, I think its important to be able to continue maintaining or meeting your goals without it. It's new territory for me, but some sort of 'training wheels' have been good to have, which for me has been a restricted eating window, ala IF. I had been doing that for 4/ 5 weeks before I decided to give up logging food last week, so have really just moved from one system (logging) to another, slightly looser system. As I feel ready, I may in turn relax other things and see how I do, so it's definitely a staged process for me, but also one that is worth it personally, as it's removing a lot of the thought that went into food and eating for me.

I don't see logging as an obsessive behaviour if it's working for you, and to be honest I try only to make changes to anything when somethings not working for me, or I want to explore something else for further improvement :smile:
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'll be logging forever...if it keeps me (and you!) on track, then I think it's a great thing!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i'm at day 957 or something and haven't logged my food for a while. or measured or weighed my food or myself in a looooong time. and that works for me. so find what works for you and stick with it and keep in mind what works for everyone else could be different!

good luck to all!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    563 only haft fast as you.keep up the good work
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    impressive. I had a big number and then felt the need to break free for awhile. Was able to survive the winter (including holiday season) and not slip too bad BUT definitely lost my edge so I am back again.
    Here I am again.....congrats on 911 and 1000 you guys! awesome dedication