What do I do at day 1000...

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi

Today is day 911. I am aiming for day 1000, but I am not sure if I am gonna be able to stop! Logging has become part of my life now, and I still weigh almost everything as I know my portion control by eye is 'generous' even now.
    Is this necessarily a bad thing!!!

Why do you need to stop?
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Why people think it's important to weigh your food, i'll never know, my estimating not only help me losing the weight, but also keep it off.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I am finding that if I "eyeball" the amount of a serving I underestimate the amount. I have to trust the serving size to properly calculate intake. It helps me be more accountable to me.
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Spiderkeys wrote: »
    Why people think it's important to weigh your food, i'll never know, my estimating not only help me losing the weight, but also keep it off.

I prefer weighing because it's more accurate and I'm not good at eye balling. I was way underestimating somethings, and way overestimating others. I thinks it's just a whatever works for you kind of thing.
  • cblack8
    cblack8 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You should definitely do something to celebrate reaching 1000!

As for whether to continue to log, you should just do whatever you feel is best. It's definitely not a bad place to be in. I stopped logging but continue to weigh myself and hop back on MFP every time the scale goes up by a couple of pounds but if continuing to log is what makes you most comfortable there's nothing wrong with that!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Hi

Today is day 911. I am aiming for day 1000, but I am not sure if I am gonna be able to stop! Logging has become part of my life now, and I still weigh almost everything as I know my portion control by eye is 'generous' even now.

Just keep doing what works. I haven't missed a day here since I started. Today was my 1358th consecutive log-in. 130 pounds lost, 2.5 years of maintenance, why would I change what I'm doing if it's working and I'm happy?

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hi

You should be able to move away from logging. I did it no problem even maintained without logging for 4-5 months until I decided to bulk. It's not hard man
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Run 1,000mi :smile:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Hi

Why do you need to stop?

Exactly. Read the other thread on this same board from nxd10: "Why I Continue To Log". I think you'll find information there that will be helpful to you.