TDEE is a lot of calories...

Options
2»

Replies

• S_Evanson613
    S_Evanson613 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well, I can promise you both that I was not eating only 1100 calories when I gained the weight, or you're right I wouldn't need to lose anything..obviously.

I have been EXTREMELY persistent in logging EVERYTHING that gets put into my mouth. From salt and pepper to meat, veggies, fruit, dips - everything. So, yes I know that I am eating right around 1100 a day. Eating that much - and feeling full all day long because I'm eating the right foods for me instead of *kitten* like McDonalds has made me realize that 1700 seems like a lot.

I didn't say it was aghast to say I should eat that much, it just seems like a huge jump from 1200.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I think how we perceive calories (a set amount seeming like a lot or a little) depends on what we become accustomed to. For ~6 months I ate between 1400-1600 while losing. Now generally 1800-2000 for maintaining. I have adjusted my routines & habits to suit maintenance - and cutting back now (to 1400-1600) seems like something I would NOT enjoy. Yet I had no problem eating there when I needed to.