Oatmeal

Options
Okay wanted to ask something, is eating oatmeal everyday somehow bad? I love it too much to stop :'(

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    It's not bad at all... it's got a lot of good nutrients and if it fits into your daily calories, enjoy whenever you want it. :smile:
  • hindindianadaal
    Options
    Thank the lord! :smile:
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal, even though it is not always satisfying to me any longer. I'm with you--it's too good to give up entirely!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is yummy and I try to have it a couple of times a week. I would make sure you weigh it though, the calories can be deceiving.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    No its not bad! Even Dr Oz says it good! Eat what you love and you look gorgeous in your pic by the way.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    No its not bad! Even Dr Oz says it good! Eat what you love and you look gorgeous in your pic by the way.
    Great, I don't like it so much now :cry:
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I love oatmeal; daily breakfast; but dr oz was recently shown to be a total snake oil salesman, peddling products without proven effectiveness
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Great, I don't like it so much now :cry:

Awww . . . :( But remember: even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :smiley:
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat it everyday too. I LOVE IT! I usually add blueberries to mine.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Make a big pot of it adding your favorite fruit (I like blueberries and bananas with a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar), put it in a square or rectangle casserole dish, refrigerate overnight, cut into squares, freeze each square on a cookie sheet sprayed with oil, wrap them individually, and put them in a freezer bag. When you heat it up, takes like it was just made.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal. Getting gluten free oatmeal on the market was one of the best things EVER. My current love are Bob's Red Mill GF Steel Cut Oats. I love the chewy texture. I top mine with plain Greek yogurt.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Okay wanted to ask something, is eating oatmeal everyday somehow bad? I love it too much to stop :'(

If you like it and it fits your calories for the day why would it be bad?
    It wouldn't be good to eat only oatmeal all day every day. Are you eating other foods too?
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal! I eat it almost every day for breakfast.
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist wanted me to forgo the brown sugar because of empty nutritive calories so now I throw raisins in it. Oatmeal is so comforting on cold days.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I eat way too much instant oatmeal 'cause mornings and I don't get along, and it's easy to grab a packet and make it at the office. The real stuff would be better, but realistically I'm never gonna spend time on it. At any rate, it's not terrible for me, and along with a cup of coffee it keeps me feeling full 'til lunchtime for <200 calories. So hey, works for me.
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'll always love oatmeal esp with brown sugar and cream but I dont have this everyday

I know I know! that is bad but OMG tastes so good
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Never! I love oatmeal and eat it every single morning with peanut butter, fruit, and almond or coconut milk.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Oatmeal is yummy and I try to have it a couple of times a week. I would make sure you weigh it though, the calories can be deceiving.

Yep, and weigh it dry too.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I'll always love oatmeal esp with brown sugar and cream but I dont have this everyday

I know I know! that is bad but OMG tastes so good

What's bad about it? :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I eat it daily, usually with chia seeds, some sort of flavoured hot chocolate powder and whey protein mixed in.