Replies

• snowboardRN
    snowboardRN Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,683 Member
    Options
    It is good too see more of you have joined. :) I would like too make a statement. SOME of you have invited me too be a 'friend.' I dont accept friends requests easily. IF you are serious about the exercise and support of this particular forum then I will keep you in my 'friends' list. :) Should you change your mind, back out, quit coming then I will delete you. It is NOT you. It is ME. I dont see having 100's of friends when you never see them around. :( In my friends list right now I have only FIVE. As long as you come 'HERE IN THIS POSTING AREA' I am happy with that. I LOVE seeing your progress and it does motivate ME. <3

For those of you that are new and do not know me: I started my journey in 2009. It took me THREE years too lose 50 pounds only too find I was Insulin resistant and is why I have such a difficult time losing weight. I was within 14 pounds of my goal when I had a neck and sholder injury in Dec which lasted thru February and still I have a few problems. At least I am now back too serious exercise.... I struggle yearly, monthly, weekly, daily . I am not sure that changes for anyone...If it does I have not met them yet! lol.... My GOAL is not too gain the weight back, too live a longer healthier life. It is not about looking good for me although we all want too look our best. I am 62 years old. I start these challenges every new year and have done so for several years now. I have years where there has only been a handful of people here. Sometimes I've finished the year almost by myself. I DO NOT GIVE UP whether anyone is here or not. I CAN NOT GIVE UP ON ME......I only ask that YOU DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOU...THAT is WHY we're here...too motivate one another along... :)

That being said I will attend Church Services today and try too get in some exercise in-between as well as a visit with my mom....

YOU GUYS CARRY ON.................................. (*)
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    Awesome I'm in! Anyone want to track daily miles with me so we can keep each other on track?
    Hello....I'm not sure what you meant in your post. IF you read back I have given an example of how we log our miles...Each person will log their miles on their post. Some of us do it daily. Sometimes we miss a few days and have too play 'catch up'... I have known some that come once weekly and log everything they've done that week...

did this help?
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge, It will make me more accountable, and I'm trying to exercise at least 4miles a day. So, hopefully I'll be well over the 100 goal, but its definitely worth a shot!
  • Lacipeanut
    Lacipeanut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • clairern
    clairern Posts: 4
    Options
    That was an inspiring story. I have a diabetic friend who always make excuses to workout with me and refuse to diet. That is why I look for this group for support and motivation. I wanna share our posts to her. Im in!
  • thedaydreamer92
    thedaydreamer92 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • 74mrboxley
    74mrboxley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do I join
  • buzzardsrule
    buzzardsrule Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    1st March 3.17 miles walking
  • jahmanrv
    jahmanrv Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    3/1 - 3.3 miles walking
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    3/1/2015 - 3.86mi
    Total March: 3.86mi
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    clairern wrote: »
    That was an inspiring story. I have a diabetic friend who always make excuses to workout with me and refuse to diet. That is why I look for this group for support and motivation. I wanna share our posts to her. Im in!

Thank you. I am not classified diabetic. I produce too much Insulin which is pre=diabetic. Meaning it can turn into Diabetic if I'm not careful. My husband is Diabetic. Once he started eating healthy he lost around 18 pounds and has kept it off....
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    74mrboxley wrote: »
    How do I join

Well you're here soooooooo I guess that means you've joined...lol.....IF you read my first post then that will tell you how we do it....GOOD LUCK AND WELCOME!

WELCOME too all the Newbies of recent and latter again... :)
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try again, didn't make 100 miles in February.
  • 2ledbetter
    Options
    Oops, I've walked 1 mile today so far.
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    It's ok 2Iedbetter. I didnt make mine either in Dec, Jan or Feb as far as the walking part. I am lucky too have an Exercise Bike although it is making noises and I dont know how much longer I can use it.... :'( I do hope MARCH is better for us all. I really do like walking outside BEST...outside with the Nature GOD has provided for us..... <3

Rain today. Church Day. Mom visit day. Exercise is difficult.
    I did manage a 1.5 Mile walk and 9.2 Exercise bike ride....I am tired.....

TOTAL thus far March 1st..............1.5 walking miles...
    ......................................................9.2 Exercise Bike miles.....
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    March 1st -

6.5 miles walking on the treadmill at the Y.
  • 2ledbetter
    Options
    Thank you, jeanniewes, I'm really going to give it my all this month.
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    RelentlessFierceWarriorBill Posts: 322 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    2ledbetter wrote: »
    Thank you, jeanniewes, I'm really going to give it my all this month.

You can do it !!!