Breakfast!

Options
13»

Replies

• natalie_bailey
    natalie_bailey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you like oats you could try over night oats. I put 40g of porridge oats in a bowl and mix with low fat natural or greek yoghurt and either fresh or frozen berries. Leave in the fridge over night and the oats absorb the yoghurt. It is delicious and filling.
  • drn404
    drn404 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Two eggs, sauteed veggies, turkey bacon over greens...yummy and gets me through to lunch..
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    JK1123 wrote: »
    I make pre-measured smoothie packs.
    I put 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/3 cup frozen blueberries, a handful of frozen peach slices or mango chunks, and some chia seeds and flax seeds in quart-size freezers bags and freeze them. I make at least 15 bags at a time.
    Then in the morning I put one of the bags in the blender with 6 oz of fat-free yogurt. I use the yogurt cup to measure out 6 oz of orange juice and 6 oz of cold water, and blend it all up.
    It fills a whole "blender bottle" (the big plastic protein shake cups with the whisk ball) and it makes me feel super hydrated all day. I don't think I could sit down and eat that much fruit, but drinking it is so much easier.
    Hope this helps! :smile:

That sounds delicious and great way of freezing in bulk...can you tell me what the calories come out at. I might try this. Thanks
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning:

1 C hashbrowns (I use the stuff that comes frozen in a bag)
    1 chicken breakfast sausage (from Aldi)
    1 egg
    6 T egg whites
    50 g of broccoli

I could've added more veggies, but was running behind. The egg & egg whites are scrambled and cooked in a skillet. I cooked the hashbrowns with a bit of oil (about 1/2 T) in a skillet. Also heated up the broccoli and sausage.

It definitely wasn't quite enough as I was hungry about 2 hours later. BUT I had a piece of string cheese which has held me over well enough. Lunch is in an hour/hour and a half.