Fitness At FIFTY!

Options
Hello fellow health and fitness pals! My name is Laura and I am new to this site. I first entered the site when I was nearly 300 pounds and signed up, but never used it. I'm back! :smiley: It has been 16 months since my bariatric surgery and I have lost 134 pounds so far. Healthy eating and exercise has given me the ability to lose weight and tone my body. The surgery was just a "tool" to help me along on the process. I don't know what I would have done without it. Only wish I had started this adventure earlier! Oh well, better late than NEVER. I wear a smaller size now then I did in high school and it has just blown my mind. I am determined to stay fit and am putting faith in MFP and it's members to keep me motivated and help me along the way. Keep nudging me along. My surgeon told me the hard part comes when you try to maintain your weight when you get to your goal. So, I'm nearing that stage and I'm beginning to feel nervous.

Anyway, I'm very excited to be with MFP and am looking forward to learning from everyone here. I posted about needing an "accountabuddy"...don't really know what happens after that. I'll wait and see. Thank you!!!

Replies

• MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm in as an accountabuddy! I'm eight years out and have gained some back so I can tell you that yes, maintenance is much harder than losing. That's why I've gotten very active with MFP again. I got away from food/fitness journaling and that's when I gained. So I'm back to active journaling, healthy eating, and daily exercise.