How little is too little? Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I'm in the last stages too - I'm keeping my calories the same but trying to eat over 100g protein and incorporating strength training.

Essentially I am trying to maintain muscle so that the last bit of weight I lose is all fat - I would like to be 20% bodyfat and that is my new goal over and above my scale weight goal.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Would recommend 1 gram protein per lb of body weight.
  • WanderingCavalcade
    WanderingCavalcade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should up your protein, but don't worry too much about your other macros.

If you're worried about not getting enough kcals in, carry small packs of nuts and the like around with you in a purse or backpack
  • WanderingCavalcade
    WanderingCavalcade Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tone?

WTF is that?

Toning is gaining muscle mass without achieving hypertrophy (the more bulky, "bulging" muscles that bodybuilders and many men seek to achieve).

Women tend to prefer to "tone" their muscles so that they can maintain a more slim physique while still building strength
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

Toning is gaining muscle mass without achieving hypertrophy (the more bulky, "bulging" muscles that bodybuilders and many men seek to achieve).

Women tend to prefer to "tone" their muscles so that they can maintain a more slim physique while still building strength

Clueless post ^^^

Toning is simply the absence of fat and the PRESENCE of muscle. Yes, muscle. Not some kind of special "woman" muscle. Hypertrophy is simply put increasing the muscle size through lifting. No hypertrophy = no muscle growth.

It's hard enough putting on muscle as a woman, especially barely eating enough to get proper nutrients e.g. 1200 calories. Get on a good lifting program, increase your calories, and you'll see results.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Tone?

WTF is that?

While I appreciate the three joke responses in response to my joke question, your joke is by far the worst and least believable.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

(Now the two previous answers were dialed in and awesome. :laugh: )
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    nevermind...
  • IronFiend
    IronFiend Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tone?

WTF is that?

For the win! (and THANK YOU!)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Do you get 100% of your vitamins and minerals? Do you get at least 20-30% of your diet in fat? Do you get at least 0.8 - 1 gram of protein per Lb of lean body mass? If your answer is no to any of those then you aren't getting proper nutrition, which would mean that you need to either make changes to what you're eating and/or up your calorie goal to ensure you're getting proper nutrition.

^Good questions... except for the fat part. 20-30% is too little by far. A bare minimum is 50%, and imo, ideally much more. The "fat is bad, fat makes you fat" concept is just nonsense. Source and quality DO matter though (natural sources and avoid most refined seed/veg oils).
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback. I'm having a much clearer picture. I'll see how the next two weeks or so works with my adjustments and go from there.