Just starting Atkins, need a buddy?

Options
just starting Atkins and I really need a buddy for recipe suggestions and tips, especially how to hit calories during the first phase, and acceptable foods. I'm also kinda lactose intolerant so food suggestions without cheese would be great - want to be buddies?

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. Few of my foods include dairy. My diet easily fits into the specific limitations of the first phase. And, I eat tons of food. It is very unlikely you'll be trying to eat more than I am.
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me too. I have done Keto Diet in the past (Very Similar Concept) with great results. I am currently following Ultimate Diet 2, which includes workout for muscle building routines. I just started with Atkins products, never bought them before. My goals is to reduce body fat %, i don't want to loose weight. I calculated my basic calories needed (2000/day) from that I reduced to 1600 daily a reduction of 400 + 300 for workout per day about 700 calories deficieny daily.

Salmon :
    Chopped Onions and tomatoes
    Olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic
    Pour the oil in pan and let it get hot enough to fry the ingredients. Once cooked add the salmon and cover to medium heat.
    Turn the salmon a few times and lower or rise the heat to cook to your taste. I liked my salmon cooked right where the oink starts to dissaper in the inside.

Serve the salmon with any sauce/dressing and go light on the vegetables these are high in carbs.

• cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've been eating keto for the past 2.5 years and dropped over 100lbs. I was severely lactose intolerant before dropping the carbs. Even two extra strength lactaid pills wouldn't help. After my transition to a low carb high fat diet I found my LI improved greatly. I haven't taken a single pill in the past two years! I do still limit myself to about 1/2-3/4c dairy per serving though.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi I am not on Atkins but I have four low carb days a week. I carb cycle. But you can add me! :D
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Not Atkins but I am low carb. You can friend me!
  • LunaKate
    LunaKate Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I decided to try low carb for March to see how it works for me. Im not following atkins, just keeping my net carbs under 20g and my calories under 1000. ( I dont exercise a lot, just yoga and walking so I dont track it)

I use a liquid sucralose sweetner thats carb free now for my tea.
    I love fish, tilapia is inexpensive, salmon is great too. Deli meat is great but you need to check the label for sugar.

I pretty much have eggs or an atkins shake for breakfast, then lunch and dinner are a meat and steamed veggies or a salad. Sometimes cucumbers. My snacks are usually low carb yogurt or some cheese though. If I have the calories I indulge in an atkins chocolate bar for dessert.

Id love some low carb friends!
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Options
    there is a lowcarber forum you might want to join, that has atkins and other low carb folks.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Atkins 40 for me. You can add me if you want.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    just starting Atkins and I really need a buddy for recipe suggestions and tips, especially how to hit calories during the first phase

there are no calories "to hit" on the first phase, you restrict carbohydrate (20 grams a day) and eat enough to be not hungry.

• rebeccahunt718
    rebeccahunt718 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did atkins a few years ago and lost about 45 pounds (gained a lot back about a year after) but now I can't seem to go back to it. I love my carbs too much :( but feel free to add me. I would love to see how it works for you!
  • susi1218
    susi1218 Posts: 1
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm not doing Atkins but I started a low carb eating plan today. Best of luck! ;)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    LunaKate wrote: »
    I decided to try low carb for March to see how it works for me. Im not following atkins, just keeping my net carbs under 20g and my calories under 1000. ( I dont exercise a lot, just yoga and walking so I dont track it)

I use a liquid sucralose sweetner thats carb free now for my tea.
    I love fish, tilapia is inexpensive, salmon is great too. Deli meat is great but you need to check the label for sugar.

I pretty much have eggs or an atkins shake for breakfast, then lunch and dinner are a meat and steamed veggies or a salad. Sometimes cucumbers. My snacks are usually low carb yogurt or some cheese though. If I have the calories I indulge in an atkins chocolate bar for dessert.

Id love some low carb friends!

By all means, do low carb, but please reconsider doing low carb AND under eating.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    FRIEND ME :) been on atkns for 10 days (while eating at a deficit and exercising) and its been going great