PERSONAL TRAINER THAT'S NOT SO PERSONAL

Options
13»

Replies

• hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    punch her in the throat and find another trainer.

Come on this is a gym, not a street in the ghetto.

Hit her with a 45lb plate instead.

I think I love you.
  • lacquer_head
    lacquer_head Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Tell her politely but firmly hat you'd like to terminate said professional relationship and get a refund for any sessions paid in advance.
    If she's less than forthcoming with the funds, continue to explain that, while you're aware that certain level of ache and discomfort is normal, you believe you may have sustained an injury under her guidance.
    Be polite, respectful but be assertive. Then go get a trainer who suits you.

Yeah, she sounds ridiculous. Time to move on.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Come on this is a gym, not a street in the ghetto.

Hit her with a 45lb plate instead.

This is my favorite answer ever.
  • vleebow
    vleebow Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Easy answer...get a new trainer. Not because she works you out to the point that you're hurting, but because she clearly is not a positive influence, which will only keep you from reaching your goal. Good luck!
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

LOL

Thanks so much guys! I have taken your advice and contacted the gym. She is the only trainer they have so they refunded my sessions I haven't used yet and so now I can look for another trainer. Thank you all for not making me feel like a failure.
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    The first session was great! I was a little sore but on my off days I was still able to do my full on workouts AND I also did my full on workouts BEFORE my training sessions. This last session I actually my makeup on the floor mat from hitting it when I arms gave out!!! It's still there! LOL No, I've been in PAIN, not sore. I'm no sissy. A few years ago before my son's auto accident where he broke his neck, I was training 2-3 hours a day 7 days a week!!! I KNOW my limits. She works out a close friend of mine and is worse on her than she was on me because she is much heavier than me but my friend is too scared to quit. I'm already in touch with a trainer with a trainer with over 20 years experience and came highly recommended from my physical therapist. I'm very stoked and can't wait to start!!!
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    What the hell did she have you do to be hurting a week later?

Most personal trainers at he gym don't know what they're doing. SAorry to be so general butthe things I see trainers making people do is nuts.

I saw one having a mid 40's rather out of shape woman use one of thoe half ball things to to burpies.

years ago when I first joined a gym I got one 'free training session' and had seriously never worked out in my life.
    Dude had me jumping on steps and didn't explain a damn thing.

Trainers are supposed to TRAIN you. If a trainer can't even see what each different person needs they are a crap trainer.

It's like hair stylists. Every one's hair is different. SO is every one's fitless knowledge level.

Grrrr I hate stylists that don't know how to cut my hair too! Insta-fired.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'd do 2 things:
    1) tell her off
    2) tell her she's fired

a good trainer will pay attention to you and your goals. after the first couple of sessions they should be asking enough questions and getting enough of an idea to see how far they can push you, because trainers are supposed to push you out of your comfort zone since that's when you make progress. they should also be asking you questions and getting information about how you are recovering because that will give them an idea of how to proceed with the next session.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    An experienced trainer would have lead you in gently and you would not be hurting. FIRE her you know what.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    She doesnt seem so professional to me.

Trainers are there to push you yes, but to also understand your limits.
    I would fire her under the notion she's unprofessional and non empathetic to your actual pain...
    and find a new trainer.
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am definately someone who needs to have that in your face drill sargeant kinda push and the trainers I use do it but never have I had an experience like you are describing ,.....that sounds really horrible I would ditch that *****
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Ask her for details of her professional indemnity insurance, as 'there's a good chance I have sustained injury as a result of inappropriate coaching'.

Then fire her.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I think if you work hard in the gym that the first few sessions can come with some pain, particularly the day after the day after, but that goes once you get into it

BUT, you are the client here, it's your money & your choice what you do with it; if you don't get on with her, dump her *kitten* & get somebody new

I'm a psychotherapist; I advise people to try 4 coaches/ therapists, then choose the one you like most

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else, get another trainer.
    You don't need to take that!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Might be the military in me but if you were hurting, as in your bones are breaking hurt than you SHOULD have canceled. Shes not a mind reader and is there to push you to your goals. If you were just sore from the workouts than you should stretch and recover more on your own. Otherwise suck it up buttercup, you are getting what you paid for.