3-ingredient raw brownies

Options

Replies

• iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    LOL haters gonna hate! Love how people just mock people for their ethics/lifestyle. I don't see how it's any different from race or religion, it's not bothering me and why should I be the one to judge someone's choices in life.

These sound amazing I bet they're pretty much like the nakd bars you get here in the uk - they are raw and OMG are they delicious. I'm not vegan, but these blow my mind.

Would they work with prunes? I'm such an old lady I love prunes, not a massive fan of dates on their own (look a bit like cockroaches)

AND OMG WELL DONE ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I tried a very similar version of raw brownies too once, they also had almonds... thanks for reminding me how pleasantly surprised I was at the result!! they were really quite good!
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    LOL haters gonna hate! Love how people just mock people for their ethics/lifestyle. I don't see how it's any different from race or religion, it's not bothering me and why should I be the one to judge someone's choices in life.

These sound amazing I bet they're pretty much like the nakd bars you get here in the uk - they are raw and OMG are they delicious. I'm not vegan, but these blow my mind.

Would they work with prunes? I'm such an old lady I love prunes, not a massive fan of dates on their own (look a bit like cockroaches)

AND OMG WELL DONE ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!

I love Nakd bars! I'm vegan and the choc orange is the closest I'm going to get :laugh:

I'm also gobsmacked by the comments on a fecking recipe...some people must not have much going on eh :wink:
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! i have seen lots of similar recipes.. i should try sometime
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Man... All I do is post an "alternative" recipe that I happened to try and was pleasantly surprised at the results, and now the vegans and the cleans and the raws and the non-vegans and the non-cleans and the non-raws have gone to war...

Maybe they'll have a dance off like in Westside Story! Gonna wait for that...
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    bump to try this!
  • PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    People argue and belittle each over brownie recipes? Mind=blown :laugh:
    You must be new here; welcome to the internet. :p
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    This place is awesome.

BTW I just "eated" some ground turkey

Uh... :laugh: and I just eated a cucumber, the entire thing!

Seriously though, what a great little recipe, thank you for posting!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine was into the whole raw thing and made me try these. I protested but they were good, I can see how you ate the whole pan.

Not a criticism but technically cocoa powder is cooked, which removes most of the nutrients - what raw foodies are trying to avoid. This is more a no-bake version unless ya use raw cocoa powder.

Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine was into the whole raw thing and made me try these. I protested but they were good, I can see how you ate the whole pan.

Not a criticism but technically cocoa powder is cooked, which removes most of the nutrients - what raw foodies are trying to avoid. This is more a no-bake version unless ya use raw cocoa powder.

Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:

Well, the first time I made it I used raw cacao nibs... It worked.. And that's about the only thing they're good for, too.

But yeah, I get your point.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Wait... you ate all 9 at 132 calories each. That's 1188 cals. What was the point?

Thats what I was thinking. Id rather just eat 2 real ones...
  • xtrasmall
    xtrasmall Posts: 66
    Options
    haha cool thx n its unsweetened cocoa powder that u used right? ps its ate not eated past participle sry haha
  • cwolfe234
    cwolfe234 Posts: 1
    Options
    Brilliant ! !
  • JennMairi
    JennMairi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Definitely trying these, thanks!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I like dates, I like nuts, I like chocolate - ergo, these sound lush.

I'm not paleo or clean or any other weird fad either...
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    A whole pan of date and/or prune brownies = a whole lotta fiber...may not want to bring them on a car trip
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    I love recipes like this, I know this style of eating is not for everyone but it tastes pretty good to me. I made a simlar version with the addition of oats&sultanas...but I froze them and grabbed them as a treat/desert etc.
    Oh...I'm not a fad eater ethier I just love healthy food.
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try! Wonder if you could do the same with Calmyrna dried figs? Only one way to find out! thanks for the post.
  • 28DebRena
    28DebRena Posts: 56
    Options
    This place is awesome.

BTW I just "eated" some ground turkey
    Lol at your reference to word "eated". :laugh:
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    This actually sounds really good.