When did you lose dress sizes?

Options
124»

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    5'5 here and a firm jeans and t-shirt gal. I've been wearing the same jeans and t-shirts from weights 178 to 135... The difference is mainly whether I'm willing to take the t-shirt off at the pool. >_< I seem to carry most of my weight in my gut, so none of my tops or low-riding jeans seem to be effected by my waist size. Now my bra size? That has changed a bit... :P
  • B00kw0rm09
    B00kw0rm09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nice job OP! A few years ago I lost about 18 pounds going from a 10/12 to a solid 8. I gained it all back and then some, starting at a snug 12 in American Eagle jeans. I've lost 10 so far and I think my jeans fit better in the waist, but they have so much stretch I can't tell how they fit overall. Lol. Pro-tip: American Eagle high rise stretch skinny jeans are so forgiving. When I was younger and thinner, (and it was 2005) I was all about super low rise, but now I'm about keeping my muffin top under control.

Anyway, last time I lost weight I gave away all of my clothes, vowing never again. But then I had to buy new clothes when I gained weight. My question is: Are you ladies donating all of your too-large clothes? Or are you hanging on to them? Psychologically I'm guessing it is better to only look forward instead of predicting failure. Assuming I drop enough weight to need new pants, I'm afraid part of me will be too scared to get rid of too-large clothing. Some of it could probably be used as maternity wear when I decide to have children in a few years.

What did you all do?