Constantly Intimidated...

2»

Replies

• tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    sengalissa wrote: »
    DeffoMik wrote: »
    Does anybody else kind of...get intimidated by people that are really experienced with weight loss? Somebody that has a really good profile picture or one where they're at the gym working out or holding heavy weights....?

I don't know...maybe this sounds pretty terrible to you guys, but when people have lost a lot of weight or are even a lot skinnier than me after having been my weight or near it, I am super intimidated and I just feel weird. I don't feel like I can talk to them. Maybe it's just my insecurity, but....

That's it, I guess. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm judging anybody.
    I guess I just feel low and stupid when I see people that are better off than me.
    It should be motivating, but it kind of kills me inside....

Does anybody else get like this?

Hm, I am just plain jealous when I see lean people ;) Seriously, they are the same, they simply started earlier!!!
    I am pretty much at goal, humbled by those last 5-8 pounds though. So I might look successful from the outside, on the INside I am constantly failing! Feel like a beginner, wondering if I'll ever master maintenance, without counting even? I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that lifestyle change might be ok but I will actually have to watch my portions till I die! Which means that I will never be done ever.
    Now think about why those successful people are still around.... they are not done. It is still a topic for them. They might have moved the goal post a little but in their view, they are still work in progress.

Bottomline: we're all in this together. No way around it.

Agreed 100% Never should. one ever be intimidated! !! We have maybe been here longer.. We all started somewhere! ! Those that have been there longer only wish you success! !!! If they dont ?? You do not want to talk to them anyway!!!! Best of luck on your Journey! !!You need to bring a lot of Love on it! But it will Love you back....
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Seriously, they are the same, they simply started earlier!!!

This quote just blew my mind. Sometimes you *know* things, but it still takes someone else to say if before it actually sinks in. That helped me immensely. <3
  • tjcuts339
    That is why MFP works so well!!!!! We are all just a work in process. .. Trying every day to make this work..And we will together !!! Want to friend. Feel free its my pleasure. ...
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that lifestyle change might be ok but I will actually have to watch my portions till I die! Which means that I will never be done ever.

This is exactly how I feel. Now that I am halfway to my goal, this is my biggest concern when I eventually get to maintaining.
  • tjcuts339
    Personal. Jouney!!! You will hit bumps in the road but you will find ways around them!! I know this from experience. ...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited March 2015
    If you feel intimidated - it could be an issue of self worth which *may* itself be a barrier to success. The people here will, for the most part, help out, address questions and be glad to share a laugh or three. Not one of them made of special matter from a far away planet that should intimidate you by their uniqueness - well, we are all star stuff and all that. Leave that fear behind.

Work on self-perception - if you feel intimidated, force yourself to reach out and break that barrier by getting used to knowing those people and learn their good practices. We all fart, laugh, poop, cry and eat.

your-fears-can-intimidate-you-or-they-can-illuminate-you-the-choice-is-entirely-up-to-you-quote-1.jpg
  • tjcuts339
    Exact 100% well put!!!!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited March 2015
    You should reach out to those people who intimidate you. I think it would totally change your perception of them and it could motivate you!

This whole thing is easier when you can use (yes, use) people for their knowledge and experience. I know I wouldn't have stuck with losing weight for this long without the support of mfp :)
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    header.png
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    ^^ I love that.
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 wrote: »
    Exact 100% well put!!!!

That post. Above does really sum it up So funny!!!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    very funny. love the last clip
    to the op dont worry, just carry on with your journey. good luck.
  • MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    MikkLuhnRozzWhuh Posts: 240 Member
    header.png
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

Oh my gosh....most. helpful. reply. ever....
    Geesh...that's just...I've never thought of it that way.
    Especially the starved baked potato....dude. I hope they look at me like that.
    Hahaha.