Avocados

Options

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I either have it diced up in a large green salad or smash it up with a little salt, pepper and a tiny bit of chili garlic paste. I smear that on toasted sprouted grain bread.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love to slice them up, while still in the skin, and then remove the slices with a spoon; then, sprinkle a little (or, sometimes a LOT) of lemon juice on them. I never get tired of them! Mmmm...
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with a spoon right out of the skin (cut in half) sometimes a little salt. Sometimes i slice it on my sandwich instead of mayo. They are awesomely filling and keep you regular. LOL
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    right out of the skin with salt and PEPPER!!!
  • megrosse
    megrosse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually eat half an avocado with brown rice, non-fat refried black beans, and a dash of hot sauce! A filling and healthy meal for an (almost!) vegetarian.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with a spoon right out of the skin (cut in half) sometimes a little salt. Sometimes i slice it on my sandwich instead of mayo. They are awesomely filling and keep you regular. LOL

I like them instead of mayo, too. They're so good with turkey, swiss or sharp cheddar, some spinach, and some spicy brown mustard.
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow looks like Im a super late bloomer in regards to avocado--I blame it on being born and raised in the north but now that im an official Texan--Ill make avocado a staple

I however have 100% given up bread that includes tortillas-seems like bread, chips or tortillas are in all the stuff I have seen---so if anyone has a recipe please share!

Grilled avocado halves with grilled chicken breast and a little pico de gallo in and on them.
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Grilled avocado halves with grilled chicken breast and a little pico de gallo in and on them.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    tinned tuna, tomato, half an avocado,

all chopped, not diced, & mixed together, delicious :tongue:
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I use them in place of mayonnaise in chicken salad - delicious !
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Mashed up with a little garlic powder, salt and pepper. YUM.
  • coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    Options
    I use 1/2 an Avocado in my smoothie in the morning along with OJ-50% less sugar and frozen fruit.
    I have also used it in place of mayo in tuna and chicken salad.
    I'm addicted!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I like them with djon mustard on them. Or in a salad with pears and mushrooms/peppers.
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1/2 a medium avocado a day. They are soooo good! I like to eat mine with chicken, cherry/grape tomatoes, and feta cheese. Seriously delicious.

Also, to store the halves I don't eat right away, I put them in a ziplock bag with lemon juice sprinkled on the top (store the half with the seed). The lemon juice keeps it from browning, so it's usually still good the next day or two.
  • DrowsyDeer
    Options
    I eat avocado everyday. I try and keep it to a half of one, though :)
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I love avocados and usually eat a half one a few times a week, and I also like to put them in my smoothies.

Now, don't call me crazy please, but when I used to live in the Philippines, we were turned on to eating a halved avocado topped with about 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk. It slightly takes away from the health factor (about 250 cal), so it's def not an everyday indulgence! I told my fiance about this and he thought I was nuts...just didn't think it would taste good AT ALL.

But he tried it, and loved it! :happy:
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Love avocados. I feel a lot more satiated and energetic when I include them regularly. Right now my big favorite is 1/4 avocado mashed up with 1/3 can of tuna, all on a flatbread or pita with lots of spinach. Waaaaaay better than mayo. I also like half a flatbread, toasted and spread with Laughing Cow, then layered with thin avocado slices and a little smoked salmon.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 1/4 of an avocado on salads or mashed with tomato, red onion, lime juice, jalapeno/sriracha, and a pinch of sea salt. They're also yummy used in place of mayo as a sandwich spread.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Must. Have. Avocado. :happy:
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love avocados. Skin it, sprinkle it will a little salt... Delicious! I'm very, very picky about mine, though. It has to be just the right texture, or it's just gross to me.