How do you react when someone tries to take a bite of food you've logged?

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Larissa_NY wrote: »
    People who steal food off my plate tend not to do it more than once. I can seriously think of few food-related things that are ruder or more ill-mannered, and I don't let people be rude to me without calling them on it whether I'm logging my food or not.

My cat, however, is a different story. Cats just have no time for your foolish human "manners."

My cat will take food off my fork on the way to my mouth. She'd take it FROM my mouth if I let her. But, she's the supreme ruler and boss, so who am I to quibble?

e11.gif

Another reason dogs rule
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    when i was eating 1200 cal/day i turned into a viscious demon when someone wanted my food lol

at 15/1600 im more relaxed and will share a little more freely.

hunger makes a person mean. LOLOLOL
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,988 Member
    Options
    Just showed this thread to my husband. Told him "see honey, it is not just me..."
    He laughed.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    The BF gets the stink eye if I've logged something and weighed it out. The dog, on the other hand, gets a pass.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Love how the OP says her ten year old tried to :laugh:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Touch my food and my reaction is

mzhOERv.gif

tumblr_n99ptnzRYc1th11ryo3_500.gif

gif-batman-joker-guy-with-a-plan.0.gif

tumblr_n33tirztUP1tsd5nmo1_500.gif

usually a look suffices ...

tumblr_m9j05sJD351rf3mq2o1_500.gif

No, but in reality, more often than not....

almost-care.gif
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    girl_took_food_1.gif
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Love how the OP says her ten year old tried to :laugh:

Kid's gotta learn :grinning:
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I turn evil. Because I take insulin for every single bite I eat, I don't like it when people try to take my food (even taking a few bites of pasta can affect my insulin dosage by a half unit, which is enough to send me into hypoglycemia). It's along the lines of:

NOOOO!!!! DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY WEIGHED AND BOLUSED FOOD!!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!?!?!??!?!
  • fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

This face is why I always give at least a quarter of my food away...I can't resist with those big puppy eyes. He knows momma's a sucker for his charm!

edrgwf73d1s5.png
  • Ms_LisaKay
    Ms_LisaKay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I didn't let people snake my food before, I sure am not gonna let them do it now. Hubby got the hint, but he yoinks things every so often just to get a rise out of me. Then I snarl and b##### at him, and he doesn't do it again for a while.

I always make sure to take out a portion of shrimp or tuna for the cats before I even bother to weigh it, though. Saves me the heartbreak.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I usually eat with chopsticks. If you've seen 'Kiss of the Dragon' with Jet Li, you'll know what I mean when I say I'm going to attempt to repeat his special moves with them if you try to eat my food and I've already logged it.

I've seen your food...I'd totally be willing to risk it.

I'm on day 5 of Pilates...so feeling pretty confident lol
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Luckily I live alone so no humans are trying to eat my food. Occasionally a guest might, but different rules for different guests lol.

Cats on the other hand? Well, have you ever tried telling a cat no? They don't exactly listen. My male cat will go right into my dish while I eat.
    02tbk1m8ge3d.jpg

But if I go near their food?

v779pg5htk0h.jpg

They don't share :(
  • PreetiK_17
    PreetiK_17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha.... Oh my god! this happens to me all the time! I spent so much time calculating and balancing what i can eat or not eat and then pick out something where i know the exact amount of calories and suddenly the husband walks by and chomps off a huge bite of what i just ate half of. It is such a bunch of mixed emotions.. most times i try to calm down by telling myself.. its ok... he reduced my calorie intake. I need not eat more.
  • PreetiK_17
    PreetiK_17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD.

Lol first thing I thought of too
    True that!! :D
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Haha, what? Lol! Not an issue I'd considered. Lol!
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm regularly mugged by cuteness (2 yr old daughter) to the point where she will climb into my lap when I'm eating cereal with her own spoon. I consider that she's doing me a favour by reducing my intake
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    My 10 year old tried to take a bite of my ice cream but I'd logged it and it was mine

I felt a little like this

stash-1-50d6f47d1d5fa.gif

I may need to get a grip :grinning:

(I've just been looking for a reason to post that gif ... because seriously have you ever seen anything cuter?)

LOL! Yes, this looks about right. I'm protective of my weighed and portioned food. Of course, my daughter is 12, and she's the only one I live with. She's old enough to get her own. :) Glad to see I'm not alone in this. We used to joke that I looked like Bilbo from Lord of the Rings when someone reached for my food. I've loosened up a bit since then, but not by much.

zwh2sxicf696.gif

• delex329
    delex329 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tell my dog sorry I already log it