How do you react when someone tries to take a bite of food you've logged?

Options

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    Bahaha
    I feel that way all the time when my kids want a bite of my food.

My husband has learned to never ask for any of my food. He knows better now.
    My husband, who would always claim that he didn't want any dessert, would also suddenly need "a taste" of whatever I had measured out for myself. The last time he tried this I said GET YOUR OWN ICE CREAM; I'VE WEIGHED THIS OUT AND YOU'RE NOT GETTING A SINGLE GRAM OF IT. It was probably more the crazed look on my face that finally convinced him; either way, he hasn't done it since.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Me? I don't worry about it.

Last night, before bed, I was wanting something "yummy". I weighed out some wheat thin air chips and some hummus. I'm sitting on the bed watching TV and munching. Boyfriend comes over and hes like, "ooooh" yum! and took a couple of chips. I actually said "here, now try one dipped in the hummus, I promise you'll like it", so he had a couple more, with the hummus.

I look at it this way: It was a couple bites of food. And yes, although we do work hard to reach our goals, it was a COUPLE of bites.
    *bonus points: by having a couple bites taken away, that's a couple more calories into our deficit we are becomming. :)
    *another bonus: I have made my boyfriend realize there is more food out there than junky stuff. He's learned he likes my air crisps, my hummus, turkey dogs, sandwich thins, and lower fat spaghetti. So by giving a taste, we are giving a teach! ;)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    OMG my dog is the worst. He loves eggs and cheese and well, he thinks he can eat anything. He gets very sad when he misses me weighing the food since I rarely give him anything off my plate that has been measured and logged. He's a tiny little Yorkie so he usually gets a little taste....but I think he's learning. If you just open the cheese drawer in the fridge that dog is right there. Smh.

People don't get any of my food. Psh.
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    The other day, I asked my husband if he was ready to eat. I went to the stove to make his plate. When I turned around, he was at the table eating from my plate. I about had a fit! I didn't know how much I had eaten from that plate, I had to remeasure,
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    haha, yeah I have the same problem. My 2 year old either wants to share with me and I hate it cause I have no idea how many of the grams I weighed she actually ate, or she wants to share with mommy and I feel so stupid and mean to tell her no mommy cant have a bite of that (cause I am thinking I have no idea how much that rasin weighs or whatever it is). This is one of the main things I hate about logging as well as recipes cause I am never sure I am doing it right or that the serving size is right! Logging is amazing and I have a love/hate relationship with it. :)

I wouldn't worry about a raisin or two.

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I don't care if I'm logging (& weighing) or not, you don't take food off my plate without asking. It's really rude even if someone isn't tracking calories.

I've said "Joey doesn't share food" more than once ;)

DH knows that I'm weighing out everything, so he knows better than to take food from my plate (like I said, I would freak out before I started MFP too). But the other day, he started chugging from my water bottle and I freaked on him. I was like "Dude, I track my water intake!!!!". I felt really bad afterward, I need to lighten up on the water issues.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    With grown ups, it's easy. But, with my kids, it's a bit more difficult. They think I'm really selfish.

Oh man. My daughter wanted a slice of my pizza one night. I was torn. I grudgingly shared...never again. Hahaha

• sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Like a feral cat.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I think I handle it like any other normal person.

tumblr_ms82x15GBD1sbhkw0o3_500.gif
  • bunnypy
    bunnypy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    threnjen wrote: »
    Bahaha
    I feel that way all the time when my kids want a bite of my food.

My husband has learned to never ask for any of my food. He knows better now.
    My husband, who would always claim that he didn't want any dessert, would also suddenly need "a taste" of whatever I had measured out for myself. The last time he tried this I said GET YOUR OWN ICE CREAM; I'VE WEIGHED THIS OUT AND YOU'RE NOT GETTING A SINGLE GRAM OF IT. It was probably more the crazed look on my face that finally convinced him; either way, he hasn't done it since.

Hahahahahahahaahha my husband too!
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    My friends now constantly make fun of me and my husband because we were out to dinner and I'd ordered a Kale salad that I knew the calorie count of and which has 1 crouton on it (it's large but still). My husband ordered a burger and fries which I ignored but I turned away from my plate for a moment and my husband had taken my crouton and was eating it when i turned back around. I almost killed him. So now it's a running joke, but really, he deserved it. Who takes a dieting person's only crouton when they have a plate full of french fries??
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    when i was eating 1200 cal/day i turned into a viscious demon when someone wanted my food lol

at 15/1600 im more relaxed and will share a little more freely.

hunger makes a person mean. LOLOLOL

^^ Yes, this is so me! Felt so bad for my 3 and 4 year old...
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger...800px-Pulp_Fiction-Bible.jpg
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when I was on 1200 I was definitely a lot meaner about it. Not that 1350 has given me reason to pass out my food to everyone I know, lol.

When my brother and I were home for Thanksgiving break and I was still at 1200 my family went out to a restaurant where I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and fries because I had worked out enough to order the fries that day so dammit I was going to get them. My brother reached over and tried to grab a fry and I slapped his hand away and went, "do you know what I had to go through to eat all these fries?!" and his eyes got huge and he decided to take one from someone else at the table instead. lol. I hope I'm not that bad with an extra 150 calories to work with these days.
  • saralynrice
    Options
    Lol, too cute!! I let them eat it, still log it as mine incase I'm off on something else I have some extra cushion. I try to over estimate everything until my food scale arrives in the mail from Amazon
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I guess the people I hang out with just don't take other people's food without asking. Theoretically, one bite of my pre-logged food missing is fine. Someone taking food off my dinner plate without asking would upset me because it is really rude even if I were not logging. I might react with anything from a glare or lecture to stabbing them with a fork depending on what it was.
    I share my pre-logged popcorn with my dh all the time. No, I'm not getting exactly the same portion I logged anymore but that is fine. I'm not walking around starving without that popcorn. I don't adjust the entry.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Xn8duAY.gif
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    My kids do this constantly. Generally, I just shrug and don't worry about it. On the other hand, if it's chocolate, I am going to eat EVERY calorie I logged for it. :smiley:

Every. Calorie.

So in that case I scare my kids off with the feral mom-face.
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    skyfall91 wrote: »
    I just leave it as Id logged it. My kids are terrible for pinching my food. My 2yr old by always steals my carrots sticks if he sees them on my plate. Even if he has some on his plate!

This happens to me ALL THE TIME!! LOL she will take my entire plate even though she has her own - I just eat off of the same plate and leave it as I logged it even though she's stuffing her cute little face with MY pre-logged food! :p it's totally annoying! LOL
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    My kids do this constantly. Generally, I just shrug and don't worry about it. On the other hand, if it's chocolate, I am going to eat EVERY calorie I logged for it. Every. Calorie.

So in that case I scare my kids off with the feral mom-face.

:joy: