Loosing weight doesn't reduce breast size!

Options
I got measured about a week before I began to lose weight and I was a 38D, today after losing 30lbs i got remeasured and i've gone UP a cup size. My band size is still a 38 (apparently I have a very large ribcage) but i'm now a DD. I asked why and she says that when losing weight boobs sometimes change shape, not get smaller, but change, and somehow i've changed in a way that made me go UP. So ladies do not fear, just because you lose weight it doesn't always mean you'll lose your boobs!!

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Glad that's how it is, for YOU. Boobs are fat, when you lose fat...well you get the point..
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Hey good news, everyone else! You all measured wrong!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Must be nice. I lost 27lbs and a whole cup size- I now have a non-existent chest.

Glad to see I'm the odd-man out- it's not like I've ever seen entire threads dedicated to this very subject..... :huh:

Generalizations rule.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hey good news, everyone else! You all measured wrong!

:laugh: I must've measured REALLY wrong.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Must be nice. I lost 27lbs and a whole cup size- I now have a non-existent chest.

Glad to see I'm the odd-man out- it's not like I've ever seen entire threads dedicated to this very subject..... :huh:

Generalizations rule.

Are you sure you measured right? :smile:

ETA - Damn, posted at the same time.
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I am glad this was the case for you :) I have lost a little over 100lbs and still have a lot to go, but my breast have gotten smaller...by quite a bit :/
  • aspmg5
    aspmg5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wish that were the case, but I've gone from a very full DD to a large B/small C. I need to get refitted, but they're pretty pathetic compared to what they used to be. Oh well, this is for health, right?! hahaha
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Glad for you, because myself and everyone I know all lost at least a cup size losing weight even when it was just 10lbs. :(
  • amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ive lost about 80lbs and went from a filling out a 38c to now filling a 34d? weird.. but they are lower and less full, waaayy less full, but between the glands that are left and skin and such, once they are lifted by the bra, nothing lower than a d cup will hold the whole booby... but once i lay down, the cup is pretty damn empty..... i've started talking to the hubby about getting them done though, i feel less feminine without what i used to have, i dont feel as proportional anymore :(
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Glad that's how it is, for YOU. Boobs are fat, when you lose fat...well you get the point..

boobs aren't just fat though. there's also gland tissue, milk glands, collagen.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I never really went down in breast size in the past when I lost, but this time my boobs have gotten so small. I used to have a hard time finding tops that fit up top because they were always too small, well lately I am finding it hard to fill my shirts properly. So I guess it depends on the person.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options

boobs aren't just fat though. there's also gland tissue, milk glands, collagen.

I agree with both of these! They are not all fat (there is other stuff) but there is also fat that can be lost. Different for every lady! Best of luck girls! :flowerforyou:
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Be happy you are a special one.

Breasts contain fat. That's why they get bigger most of the time when you gain weight and WILL reduce in size when you lose weight.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You're a special special girl.

Have a few kids. Breastfeed. Then lose those 30 lbs.

38C to barely 34B

True story.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You lucky, lucky girl.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Some people's breasts contain more glandular tissue than others. Those people will see less change in the size of their breasts when they lose weight. Other people's breasts contain more fat, and those people will definitely see a decrease in breast size as they lose weight. I had huge boobs from puberty until about a year ago, and I've lost 2 cup sizes since then.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Sure wish I could figure out how to post before and after pictures. My boobs went from huge to nothing after more than a 50 pound loss. Not complaing at all about it as I never cared much for them in the first place. Only have them when I am overweight.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    It could be genetic too, sometimes breast size isn't always related to weight. I've seen a lot of women who's cup size didn't change....lucky bastardss...opps did I say that outloud? lol
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    mine were the forst ing togo :(

Good thing for plastic surgery!!!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Mine have got bigger - well look bigger but that because i do lots of upper body workouts and the muscle underneath is redefining them.