Loosing weight doesn't reduce breast size!

Options

Replies

• kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    ive lost about 80lbs and went from a filling out a 38c to now filling a 34d? weird.. but they are lower and less full, waaayy less full, but between the glands that are left and skin and such, once they are lifted by the bra, nothing lower than a d cup will hold the whole booby... but once i lay down, the cup is pretty damn empty..... i've started talking to the hubby about getting them done though, i feel less feminine without what i used to have, i dont feel as proportional anymore :(

Not really that weird. Cup size and band size aren't proportional. A D with a 38 band is not the same size D with a 34 band.

And I also second the idea that you might not have been measured right. Because places DON'T measure you the real way. I'd been told I was a 38DD, when in reality, I'm a 36I. Measure yourself properly!
  • SaraC1977
    SaraC1977 Posts: 51
    Options
    I've lost almost 40 lbs and my boobs have not decreased in size other than the band went from 40 to 38. I wish the cup WOULD go down as I am an H. Not everyone wants them huge. I would love to be a large B/small C. It would make life so much either especially with my running.
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    your the lucky one, I lost 2 cup sizes
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My cup used to runneth over. 118lbs later my cup definitely runneth under.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    I lost a lot of breast size, from D to B. Love it. My goal is A. Never liked big breasts. Shirts look so much better on less.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Mine were a 36D before having kids, after they were a bit bigger, now they're probably a 34dd or e, although i haven't been properly measured. I've lost 63lbs since having my 2nd child. When I was this size before, years ago, my boobs were a bit smaller. Having kids has made mine bigger, and losing weight hasn't made my boobs small. Lucky me!
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hey good news, everyone else! You all measured wrong!

LOL What she said !!

Most women wear the wrong size to begin with..... even smaller women sometimes need the extra cup size in order for a bra to fit properly. ALWAYS measure before you buy... it changes more often than you'd think !
  • hendelk
    hendelk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have to add myself to the camp that has lost breast size with weight loss, but I'm actually OK with it. I went from a 38F (was actually considering breast reduction) to a 38DDD (probably could go with a 36DDD but haven't bought new bras in a while). They're a little more saggy than they were, but after breastfeeding 3 babies they weren't exactly perky before the weight loss. Nothing a good bra won't fix, right? :wink: Maybe I'll splurge on a breast lift instead of the reduction. :blushing:
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    WHO STOLE MY BOOBS?
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    ****looking down...peaking into shirt*** Nope, can definitely say my girls have left the building and don't think they will return. I was a very full 34DD and *gasp* probably am a 32 full B or small C at this point (after a 12 lb loss). My mother commented the other day though and said my boobs actually looked bigger because my waist is smaller. I was pleased with that comment. I'm having a much easier time finding shirts that fit my chest, running is less uncomfortable and my hubby isn't complaining (he just calls they kitties now instead of puppies)...because kitties are smaller than puppies:P Whatever...he's a goofball!
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've lost 69 pounds total and mine haven't changed much at all. I think they are a tad bit smaller, but it's more the space between and band-size that changed.

I've had friends, though, that DID lose them....usually first!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You're a special special girl.

Have a few kids. Breastfeed. Then lose those 30 lbs.

38C to barely 34B

True story.

I feel ya mama! :tongue: But my 3 beautiful babies and being healthy are SOO worth it!!!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I clicked on this cos I thought "aghh" there's something wrong with me, mine have disappeared!

Glad to see I'm normal. Phew.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have gone from 42E down to 36E but no loss in cup size, as stated, you can't choose where you lose the fat. Some people lose it from their boobs, some don't.
  • st0dad
    st0dad Posts: 23
    Options
    Isn't this supposed to be a motivation and support thread? You all are being a bunch of negative naans! :P

Besides, she's partially right. Breasts change shape as people lose/gain weight, not necessarily size. It all depends on your body. Isn't that how it goes with everything? ^.~

So cheer up, people! I'm very happy she's one of the few who got to get bigger tatas instead of smaller (Mine are shrinking, but I still love 'em anyway ^^; )
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    WHO STOLE MY BOOBS?

I agree. And put these stretch marks on what I have in their place!! :noway: :grumble:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you will find yourself in the minority. I've gone from a 42DD to 34D or DD, depending on the bra and I'm still losing
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Damn I wish!
    I lost 35lbs and went from 36C to 32A :(
  • campjodie
    campjodie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was very heavy growing up and I think that it affected my breast development. I lost around 90 lbs and my boobs went from a large B to small B/ maybe an A. AND they are saggy and not very well-formed. You would think smaller boobs would be at least perkier =(
  • ILuvMoo
    ILuvMoo Posts: 41
    Options
    ive lost about 80lbs and went from a filling out a 38c to now filling a 34d? weird.. but they are lower and less full, waaayy less full, but between the glands that are left and skin and such, once they are lifted by the bra, nothing lower than a d cup will hold the whole booby... but once i lay down, the cup is pretty damn empty..... i've started talking to the hubby about getting them done though, i feel less feminine without what i used to have, i dont feel as proportional anymore :(

Not really that weird. Cup size and band size aren't proportional. A D with a 38 band is not the same size D with a 34 band.

And I also second the idea that you might not have been measured right. Because places DON'T measure you the real way. I'd been told I was a 38DD, when in reality, I'm a 36I. Measure yourself properly!

Yeah, what she said. Cup size is relative to band size. You can't compare a "C" cup across several band sizes and expect it to be equivalent.

I'm something like a 34 D-and-a-half :P 34D isn't enough cup, 34DD is too much cup... 36D is perfect with the band hooked on the tightest hook... but you know, it doesn't take long before that elastic isn't as stretchy as it started. So then the band is just loose enough to be annoying. A 34 band would be so much better - can start on the outside hook and work in over time.

I don't really care what my weight loss does to my bra size, as long as it gets me out of this awkward size situation!