Husband Rant

Options

Replies

• 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »
    He likes to pat his fat belly and say "muy gordo", which he says means that the mature man has a fat belly. (no, he's not Spanish; he heard this somewhere)

baha! that just means "very fat" in masculine form. :p

Exactly! Maybe he'll change his tune if he knew that?

He knows. I've been learning to speak Spanish for awhile now, but he told me that for a mature man to say it means more than the words. I think he had a coworker from Mexico who used to say something like that if I'm remembering correctly.
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I refuse to workout in front of my husband for that reason right there. The last time I tried I was getting on the treadmill and he lectured me about how I was doing it wrong..... Seriously. I have been using the damn thing for 5 years... He used it twice, 5 years ago. The man who never exercises is an expert on fitness. I told him the next time he did that I'd use his nuts as a punching bag.

haha....his nuts as a punching bag... Love it! I will so totally tell my boyfriend that the next time he adds in his 2 cents...why do they always do that?!
  • juliemacpherson334
    Options
    well i loved reading these posts especially the one where it said it took 4 weeks for you to notice weight loss and 8 weeks for others to notice. never thought of it like that but it makes perfect sense. I think that if my other half said that to me (i dont have one anymore as im divorced just over a year now) , but if I did and he said that to me it would just make me be more determined than ever to look super awesome and prove him wrong. I think those of us with children do find it harder , I can only go up the gym twice a week because i have to rely on my elderly mother to look after my son after i finish work. if my childs father would help out more with childcare then i would definately be able to devote more time for 'me' and exercise more. I think that us mums do a fab job balancing running a home, being a mum and working and we all deserve a lot more respect for that. Add into the equation finding the time to exercise, diet and be a good wife/partner and the fact that we achieve all of those things in a week just shows how awesome we are :-)
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Silentfool wrote: »
    We are not smart and never claimed to be.

SSsssssh remeber the pact.. we are not supposed to let the ladies know we are not smart lol

We already know!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    MelWick524 wrote: »
    So, I'm down 13lbs (since the end of January) and I've been busting my A** weighing and counting everything and hitting the gym after work and on the weekends 5 days a week and doing a home HIIT circuit the other 2 days a week. I push myself beyond the limits I thought I had, and I'm FINALLY having success and feeling awesome about myself. Last night, my hubby came home while I was on round 3 of 3 of my home HIIT workout and saw me struggling on my 3rd one-minute set of mountain climbers in my kitchen, while my three year-old was pulling on my shirt and my pasta water was about to boil over. I made a quick comment, "damn mountain climbers get me every time"...and he followed up with this..."If you want my honest opinion, I see how you work out, and I think you're not seeing results because you're not working hard enough." WHAT?!?!?! The funny thing is, I AM seeing results, I'm putting all my effort into getting healthy and fit, working full-time and managing a home, and...I'm not working hard enough? LOL! I ask for his support and motivation and honest opinions, but...this honest opinion sucked! This man is the love of my life, and I think he was trying to do the "Jillian Michaels Tough-Love" bit ... but ... well ... no! UGH!!!

lol. Sounds like another relationship with communications problems.

Or, he simply does not understand the HIIT method. He probably sees her do it and thinks she pushes herself too hard for too short of a time and then takes too many breaks or something. It's just a rant from the OP.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    What if he said "I know you can go harder so stop holding back and go hard."

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    PMA150 wrote: »
    We make it hard on them. We ask for help/support/motivation but when they don't tell us what we want to hear we get mad at them. lol Don't be too hard on him, I'm sure he was trying to help.
    You're doing great!

I don't ask for ANY of that from my husband because his ideas of help/support/motivation are WAY different than mine.

Knowing this and using this knowledge wisely has contributed greatly to the fact that we are still happily married after 20 years. LOL

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

that BEARD! you put my man's scraggly grizzle to shame with that beast!

Maybe if he put more effort into it...

Lmao! Ha ha! I never work out in front of my husband one tine he came home early and said it sounded like a herd of elephants (I was doing the jillian Michael fat burning metabolism workout) it has alot of jumping. It was so hard I was working so hard I ran upstairs crying! Well if he sees me work out he says nothing now!
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I refuse to workout in front of my husband for that reason right there. The last time I tried I was getting on the treadmill and he lectured me about how I was doing it wrong..... Seriously. I have been using the damn thing for 5 years... He used it twice, 5 years ago. The man who never exercises is an expert on fitness. I told him the next time he did that I'd use his nuts as a punching bag.

haha....his nuts as a punching bag... Love it! I will so totally tell my boyfriend that the next time he adds in his 2 cents...why do they always do that?!

yep. because threatening sexual violence is always a good idea. how would you feel if a guy came into this thread and said that his girlfriend wasn't supportive, so he told her next time she said anything he'd punch her.

there's a lot of sexism in this thread, and it ain't comin' from the men.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Lmao! Ha ha! I never work out in front of my husband one tine he came home early and said it sounded like a herd of elephants (I was doing the jillian Michael fat burning metabolism workout) it has alot of jumping. It was so hard I was working so hard I ran upstairs crying! Well if he sees me work out he says nothing now!

Yeah I prefer to workout when I am alone or at the gym. My kids give me weird looks as if the idea of me doing physical activity is bizarre and foreign to them...well I guess it sorta is till recently...

I don't even like the dog being around because she tries to "help" by biting or grabbing at whatever limb I am moving. Last night I was trying to do a modified push up and she basically came and stood right over my neck. (She's a black lab.)

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

yep. because threatening sexual violence is always a good idea. how would you feel if a guy came into this thread and said that his girlfriend wasn't supportive, so he told her next time she said anything he'd punch her.

I guess while we're on the subject of overreactions, I thought the suggestion of leaving him (kick him to the curb) was a bit extreme.

Also, I was being pretty sexist when I generalized that men are not smart. I'm sure some of us are.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    So, I'm down 13lbs (since the end of January) and I've been busting my A** weighing and counting everything and hitting the gym after work and on the weekends 5 days a week and doing a home HIIT circuit the other 2 days a week. I push myself beyond the limits I thought I had, and I'm FINALLY having success and feeling awesome about myself. Last night, my hubby came home while I was on round 3 of 3 of my home HIIT workout and saw me struggling on my 3rd one-minute set of mountain climbers in my kitchen, while my three year-old was pulling on my shirt and my pasta water was about to boil over. I made a quick comment, "damn mountain climbers get me every time"...and he followed up with this..."If you want my honest opinion, I see how you work out, and I think you're not seeing results because you're not working hard enough." WHAT?!?!?! The funny thing is, I AM seeing results, I'm putting all my effort into getting healthy and fit, working full-time and managing a home, and...I'm not working hard enough? LOL! I ask for his support and motivation and honest opinions, but...this honest opinion sucked! This man is the love of my life, and I think he was trying to do the "Jillian Michaels Tough-Love" bit ... but ... well ... no! UGH!!!

Ha! That was not a smart comment. Good for you for not turning violent in the moment.

Do you talk to your dh about your plan? I think sometimes people ask for support, etc but don't give details or little successes. Does he know that you feel like you are making decent progress and pushing beyond your limits all the time?
    I would calmly let him know that he is wrong about what healthy weight loss is and how hard you need to work.
    Invite him to cook dinner, distract child or workout with you.
  • Ginaaa71
    Ginaaa71 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not sure if that's worse or better than what my hub said "eat whatever you want, you have been eating so healthy for a whole week. One day won't hurt" I don't need his help wearing down my resolve to lose weight or my willpower to avoid fast food. He meant well, but ugh.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    We do our best :#
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options

I guess while we're on the subject of overreactions, I thought the suggestion of leaving him (kick him to the curb) was a bit extreme.

Also, I was being pretty sexist when I generalized that men are not smart. I'm sure some of us are.

<3

Ps... I wish my husband would grow a beard like that!!
  • tincanonastring
    Options

<3

What, this old thing? Throw his razor away; problem solved.
  • MrCoolGrim
    Options

I thought I seen a squirrel in there :p
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Silentfool wrote: »

SSsssssh remeber the pact.. we are not supposed to let the ladies know we are not smart lol

lmbo.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »

Hush. His name is Fluffy and he has a fear of heights, so he can't climb trees. Why do you have to criticize?
  • MrCoolGrim
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »

Hush. His name is Fluffy and he has a fear of heights, so he can't climb trees. Why do you have to criticize?

Lol! Luv your beard by the way