Husband Rant

Options

Replies

• PMA150
    PMA150 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We make it hard on them. We ask for help/support/motivation but when they don't tell us what we want to hear we get mad at them. lol Don't be too hard on him, I'm sure he was trying to help.
    You're doing great!
  • MyssPhytt
    MyssPhytt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You should invite him to workout with you see how well he does. :wink:
  • kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness.

Open mouth
    Insert foot

Men aren't always brilliant.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I said that to my DW one time.........................................one time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

this cracked me UP!! XD

coincidentally, when my guy bears witness to me getting my beefcake on, he suggests that I tone it down and not hurt myself. "I do what I want!"

no human, anywhere, anytime, will ever win. ;)
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Silentfool wrote: »
    We are not smart and never claimed to be.

SSsssssh remeber the pact.. we are not supposed to let the ladies know we are not smart lol

Dammit! Sorry, brother. I'll do pennance at our next meeting.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I generally ask DH for his honest opinion on these matters oh, about once a year, and always with the caveat that it should be honest only if I'll like it. On the other hand, he makes the best cocktails in the world.
  • mhecht32
    mhecht32 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    I share your pain, that's why I never exercise when mine is around or with him (too much negativity - eats away at my confidence). It is never enough with him. It is hard, but you have to try and make it about you, otherwise you will never get to where you want to be. Good luck.

THIS!! _ I can't be around my hubby and work out. I HATE unsolicited advice :(. Plus the negative comments.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Divorce.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    We are all guilty of putting our foot in it at times lol. Bet you felt like mountain climbing a kick to his butt!
  • HotPotato22
    Options
    KnM0107 wrote: »
    Don't ask or honest opinions

She didn't,he just offered it
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I refuse to workout in front of my husband for that reason right there. The last time I tried I was getting on the treadmill and he lectured me about how I was doing it wrong..... Seriously. I have been using the damn thing for 5 years... He used it twice, 5 years ago. The man who never exercises is an expert on fitness. I told him the next time he did that I'd use his nuts as a punching bag.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Is this the ranting about husbands thread? Here's mine. He's always encouraging toward me but lays around with a bowl of snacks within easy reach when he's not a work. I know it's my responsibility to keep out of that bowl unless I've planned a snack, but sometimes it's really hard to hear him crunching away on something that I also enjoy. He's overweight as well but doesn't care. He likes to pat his fat belly and say "muy gordo", which he says means that the mature man has a fat belly. (no, he's not Spanish; he heard this somewhere)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    We have a rule in our house that we do not give unasked opinions about how the other person is doing something unless the other person is complaining. It prevents a lot of hurt feelings and, "I can do it better than you/I know better than you" interpretations.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    He likes to pat his fat belly and say "muy gordo", which he says means that the mature man has a fat belly. (no, he's not Spanish; he heard this somewhere)

baha! that just means "very fat" in masculine form. :p
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hubby is getting a kiss on the forehead when I get home. He was the fitness buff when we met. Now I'm running around and he's making excuses. But his advice has always been kind and appropriate. He got a good look at my bat wings at the swimming pool this weekend and suggested several arm lifts to help firm them up a bit.
  • buttrfli322
    buttrfli322 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    13lbs in basically a month is awesome!!! Stay at it...we all judge others, even more so those that we love. Unless the words you hear are positive, encouraging or said to help you let them go in one ear and out the other. Forgive, let it go, and refocus on your mission to be healthier! Get it girl!
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My husband is supportive and doesn't criticize but my 15-year-old daughter sure does! She has been in dance since 1st grade and seems to think that makes her some kind of personal trainer. I finally had to tell her if she didn't stop giving me "advice" she was going to have to stay in her room while I work out because it's really not helpful! She leaves me alone now.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »
    He likes to pat his fat belly and say "muy gordo", which he says means that the mature man has a fat belly. (no, he's not Spanish; he heard this somewhere)

baha! that just means "very fat" in masculine form. :p

Exactly! Maybe he'd change his tune if he knew that?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    MelWick524 wrote: »
    So, I'm down 13lbs (since the end of January) and I've been busting my A** weighing and counting everything and hitting the gym after work and on the weekends 5 days a week and doing a home HIIT circuit the other 2 days a week. I push myself beyond the limits I thought I had, and I'm FINALLY having success and feeling awesome about myself. Last night, my hubby came home while I was on round 3 of 3 of my home HIIT workout and saw me struggling on my 3rd one-minute set of mountain climbers in my kitchen, while my three year-old was pulling on my shirt and my pasta water was about to boil over. I made a quick comment, "damn mountain climbers get me every time"...and he followed up with this..."If you want my honest opinion, I see how you work out, and I think you're not seeing results because you're not working hard enough." WHAT?!?!?! The funny thing is, I AM seeing results, I'm putting all my effort into getting healthy and fit, working full-time and managing a home, and...I'm not working hard enough? LOL! I ask for his support and motivation and honest opinions, but...this honest opinion sucked! This man is the love of my life, and I think he was trying to do the "Jillian Michaels Tough-Love" bit ... but ... well ... no! UGH!!!

lol. Sounds like another relationship with communications problems.
  • redneck_princess1687
    redneck_princess1687 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I refuse to workout in front of my husband. He has never been rude, but not really supportive either. I also work full time, manage a home, have a 6 year old boy. My husband works 12 hours a day so he doesn't see everything that I do when I am home. Made a comment about getting back into my workout routine...ummm, I have been and continure to be on a routine that I am busting my a** to get done every day! It is frustrating but I don't listen to him anymore.