Husband Rant

Options
So, I'm down 13lbs (since the end of January) and I've been busting my A** weighing and counting everything and hitting the gym after work and on the weekends 5 days a week and doing a home HIIT circuit the other 2 days a week. I push myself beyond the limits I thought I had, and I'm FINALLY having success and feeling awesome about myself. Last night, my hubby came home while I was on round 3 of 3 of my home HIIT workout and saw me struggling on my 3rd one-minute set of mountain climbers in my kitchen, while my three year-old was pulling on my shirt and my pasta water was about to boil over. I made a quick comment, "damn mountain climbers get me every time"...and he followed up with this..."If you want my honest opinion, I see how you work out, and I think you're not seeing results because you're not working hard enough." WHAT?!?!?! The funny thing is, I AM seeing results, I'm putting all my effort into getting healthy and fit, working full-time and managing a home, and...I'm not working hard enough? LOL! I ask for his support and motivation and honest opinions, but...this honest opinion sucked! This man is the love of my life, and I think he was trying to do the "Jillian Michaels Tough-Love" bit ... but ... well ... no! UGH!!!

Replies

• KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Don't ask or honest opinions
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    LOL They try so hard don't they? I'm sure his intensions are good, although, you know what road those pave. Stick to it and he'll jump on board once your boobs get smaller.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Tell him to watch the kid and deal with supper if he wants to work out harder. Or he can STFU, which also works. YMMV.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kick him to the curb. Or kick his nuts.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    We are not smart and never claimed to be.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    I said that to my DW one time.........................................one time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    bahaha these posts are amazing.
  • MelWick524
    Options

that BEARD! you put my man's scraggly grizzle to shame with that beast!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    MelWick524 wrote: »

Maybe if he put more effort into it...
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    it-takes-4-weeks-for-you-to-notice-your-weight-loss-tile_thumb22.jpg

You've been at it for about 4 weeks now so in a few weeks, maybe he'll finally see the changes as well.

That said, be careful with boiling over water, a 3yo, and mountain climbers in the kitchen lol
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options

This made me laugh out loud.
  • MelWick524
    Options

touche brother...touche! YES!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I share your pain, that's why I never exercise when mine is around or with him (too much negativity - eats away at my confidence). It is never enough with him. It is hard, but you have to try and make it about you, otherwise you will never get to where you want to be. Good luck.
  • MelWick524
    Options
    it-takes-4-weeks-for-you-to-notice-your-weight-loss-tile_thumb22.jpg

You've been at it for about 4 weeks now so in a few weeks, maybe he'll finally see the changes as well.

That said, be careful with boiling over water, a 3yo, and mountain climbers in the kitchen lol

hahaha...it's all a balancing act for sure :-) ...no kid near the stove, don't worry lol.
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

<3
  • MelWick524
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    I share your pain, that's why I never exercise when mine is around or with him (too much negativity - eats away at my confidence). It is never enough with him. It is hard, but you have to try and make it about you, otherwise you will never get to where you want to be. Good luck.

Thanks! He's a big baby. He's TRIED to work out with me when I had a big weight loss success pre-pregnancy, and he was super intimidated by the abilities I possess that he doesn't...my balance and flexibility (I'm a dancer) and my lower body strength made him feel like a wimpface. hehehe. How quickly we forget!
  • MelWick524
    Options
    Kick him to the curb. Or kick his nuts.

I'm pretty sure you posted it first as "luck" his nuts, which I read as "lick" lol. I was like...well THAT's one way to handle it, I guess! hahaha
  • irishladyo
    irishladyo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My Hubby says similar stupid stuff. He doesn't mean to be an a## hat he just doesn't think his comments are rotten (at least that's not his intention) I definitely do not ask for his opinion in this aspect of my life because I don't want to hear it.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    KnM0107 wrote: »
    Don't ask or honest opinions

In this instance, she didn't ask for anything.
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options

SSsssssh remeber the pact.. we are not supposed to let the ladies know we are not smart lol