Ladies Underwear for the gym

Options
_nice_
_nice_ Posts: 55 Member
Ladies, I need your advice. I can not seem to find the right cut. When I work out it's with weights and resistance, just a little cardio. Granny panties/briefs/bikinis all chafe. Performance panties (yes, that's what they're called) in boy shorts do not chafe but that's only because they are firmly wedged in my nether parts. Thongs would only be worse. So I have been butchering granny panties and cutting off the elastic around the gusset (inner leg hole). There has to be a better way. I have seen the laser cut briefs, any one tried those? I feel like they would wedge just as bad as the boy shorts. I am honestly thinking about boxers. I can not bring myself to go commando at the gym. Ewww. Go.

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Ditch them all together? I wouldn't see how it would matter as long as the feeling of it doesn't bother you (I found I must wear underwear, it drives me nuts without them in jeans and other pants; I might be able to swing it in workout capris). Not like your underwear is a layer of protection from anything you sit on that you pants wouldn't be.

Can't really help as I wear granny panties without issue; my typical bikini briefs end up wedged where they don't belong. All of them are getting pretty horrible as they are too big, but I don't want to spend money to get new underwear yet.
  • regalfish
    regalfish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How about men's boxer-briefs? They're usually tight enough to fit under workout clothes, unlike the more poofier boxers, and it'd help you avoid the wedging issues of boy shorts.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    In my experience, laser-cut briefs turn into uncomfortable thongs because there is so much fabric to get wedged up. I finally gave in and tried the Under Armour laser-cut thong. I know, I know, I can't wear thongs in general, either, but--it took me like ten minutes to get used to the idea and now I don't notice them at all.

Can't wear thongs with seams, though. But the UA ones are great.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I used to go commando. Then on one fateful July afternoon, I set out for a run. It was hot and humid and my lady bits ended up chafed raw.

I wear these now. https://www.underarmour.com/en-bz/1247891/pid1247891

Can't even tell they're there.
  • GoGoMary4
    GoGoMary4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hours days in an ER and I wear men hanes x-temp boxer briefs. I do wear them sometimes for a workout too. They are comfortable and keep me cool. I'm a lady and they have always fit well except for a little more room in the front.
  • _nice_
    _nice_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, i am a l&d nurse, get my steps in about half way through my shift. Thanks ladies!!
  • ew_david
    Options
    carlitice wrote: »
    Yes, i am a l&d nurse, get my steps in about half way through my shift. Thanks ladies!!

I worked l&d for 7 years! *high five*
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem as you but then I got pregnant so I went a size bigger in my panties and I've had no issues since I went a size bigger. I hope this helps.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    carlitice wrote: »

Good for you, I work med-surg, but L&D terrifies me, haha.

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any but have you tried running-type shorts with the built in briefs/hipsters? I like those.
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We found a pair of panties by the Smith machine the other day. Just thought I would throw that out there. lol
  • BarbellsDumbbellsNCupcakesOHMY
    Options
    No panties all the way! There I said it. Just make sure your leggings/shorts aren't see through and you're good to go. I ditched mine a while back and haven't gone back >:)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I wear thongs. Given that it's gonna wedge up there on the first squat anyway I might as well only have a little bit of fabric to go that way.
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    it may seem weird, but the Victoria Secret Cheekies (like, the buy 5 for $26 or whatever) in a size bigger are what I wear...the lace-ish waistband keeps them in place over my big butt & the seams are smooth and there's no chafing or rubbing. This coming from one super-thick-butted-and-thighed-chick!
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I wear these. I don't even bother trying to wear actual "panties" for the same reason as you're having. These are light and soft and barely notice they're there. I wear the shorter compression short on day to day, but for a workout, the longer ones don't ride up. https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/heatgear-armour-4-in-short/pid1248577
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I find that anything goes with the right pair of pants. I’m a big fan of Lululemon running capris, super light and breathable and no chaffing whatsoever (at least for me).

I do prefer sporty fabric bikinis, anything that’s super lightweight. The UA ones look awesome, though definitely not cheap. I like the idea of going commando, but I don’t think I could pull that off! :blush:

Hope you find something that works :smile: .
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I used to go commando. Then on one fateful July afternoon, I set out for a run. It was hot and humid and my lady bits ended up chafed raw.

I was excited to see these when I clicked on the link, but then I have to ask...how could one size possibly fit all? There aren't size options for these, so that makes me very hesitant to try them.
  • ew_david
    Options
    ruffnstuff wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

I was excited to see these when I clicked on the link, but then I have to ask...how could one size possibly fit all? There aren't size options for these, so that makes me very hesitant to try them.

Idk, but I will say they stretch a lot. I have a decent sized posterior too.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Gap boy short (or boy cut whatever it's called), in a size that involves zero VPL
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Ie maybe a size up, if your size doesn't lie completely flat