Ladies Underwear for the gym

Options

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love wearing the Danskin Now yoga shorts. I bought several pairs years ago at Wal-mart and they no longer carry them around here. Saddening because all the ones I have now are getting to be too big. You may find that yoga shorts stay in place and prevent chafing and will work for you.
  • _nice_
    _nice_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    I don't wear any but have you tried running-type shorts with the built in briefs/hipsters? I like those.
    Yes, i do like running shorts for the summer. Right now I'm wearing long spandex pants or capris, it's a little chilly for shorts in the car and so on. Today i stuck it out with the performance panties, did a couple miles on the treadmill and my usual weights. It wasnt too bad.
  • _nice_
    _nice_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    kimdbro wrote: »
    I wear these. I don't even bother trying to wear actual "panties" for the same reason as you're having. These are light and soft and barely notice they're there. I wear the shorter compression short on day to day, but for a workout, the longer ones don't ride up. https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/heatgear-armour-4-in-short/pid1248577

So expensive! But look perfect. May turn into a gift suggestion. Thanks!!

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Try swimwear bottoms. They also keep the moisture away ;)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Have you actually tried wearing a thong? They're the only kind of underwear I can work out in. Everything else just gives me massive wedgies. Or you can just go commando and not have to worry about them at all. :)
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    VS has some workout panties that are really thin, don't show through my tight workout pants, and they stay in place pretty well. might want to try those.
  • kmstars
    kmstars Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm having issues with underwear lines showing through my workout capris! I won't wear thongs! Any ideas? I need something that will cover my bootie, not ride up, but not show the lines either!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Less is more, for me. I prefer a g-string or a thong made from a really soft material.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    ..wanderd into the wrong thread...
    (backing out, gracefully)
  • arditarose
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In my experience, laser-cut briefs turn into uncomfortable thongs because there is so much fabric to get wedged up. I finally gave in and tried the Under Armour laser-cut thong. I know, I know, I can't wear thongs in general, either, but--it took me like ten minutes to get used to the idea and now I don't notice them at all.

Can't wear thongs with seams, though. But the UA ones are great.

Nice. Will probably buy. Tired of wearing my lacy things to the gym.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    image.jpg
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Commando. All the way.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I wear these to workout and they never ride up or give me a wedgie, because no vertical seam. And they aren't too expensive (so long as you get the 6 for 36).

http://www.soma.com/store/product/embraceable-lace-boyshort/570000760?color=7804&catId=cat40090&fromSearch=true&scPos=1-1482-3674
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    i find ladies underwear in the gym really uncomfortable and people look at me funny
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    sorry OP just read your post and I am a little embarrassed
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret super soft thong, feels like wearing nothing but you're wearing something
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    sorry OP just read your post and I am a little embarrassed
    :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Try swimwear bottoms.

Hey good call. I've done this (only because I ran out of stuff before laundry day) and my boyshorts didn't move. I did not prefer that, but it might work for OP.

these
    http://www.amazon.com/Adidas-Stella-McCartney-Womens-Performance/dp/B005D8348O/ref=pd_d0recs_cwb__5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0XFY9A089HMTAP2MVDA0
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wear thongs as well. I couldn't go commando, my crotch sweats unbelievably and I'm too scared I'll start dripping! OMG. I shutter at the thought.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I wear thongs as well. I couldn't go commando, my crotch sweats unbelievably and I'm too scared I'll start dripping! OMG. I shutter at the thought.

Dude. lol