What kind of salad dressing is good??

Options
I love Tastefully Simple's Vidalia Onion Dressing. Anyone know of a lower-calorie dressing like that?? Or any lower calorie salad dressing??

Replies

• ceruleanmuse
    ceruleanmuse Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms makes a ranch dressing that's 45 calories/2 T. It's the best light dressing I've had. They have a wide variety of different dressings that have been good. I also like Trader Joes light Creamy Peppercorn Ranch that's 30 calories/2 T.
  • Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on Kraft sundried tomato.
  • arlington21
    arlington21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The lowest calorie salad dressing that I've tried is the fat free ranch. In my opinion, I would just rather eat the original thing but just less. However if you're interested, it is 30 calories per tbsp. Hope I helped (:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I assume it's creamy? I do not use any creamy dressings but have gotten really used to plain old balsamic vinegar (not vinaigrette). I can now taste my vegetables and have room for dessert at night.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I love the Bolthouse yogurt ranch
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hidden Valley Fat Free Ranch and Fat Free French are pretty good. I seem to crave creamier things and this helps that craving. I dig italian dressing too, but ehhh... not feeling it lately. Also, I love using mustard and salsa as salad dressing. So much flavor!
  • Crosfitjunkie
    Crosfitjunkie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    none. The trick I learned is to dip the salad into a serving size cup dressing rather than pour it onto the salad. Works for me.
  • DonnaJones7
    DonnaJones7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and balsamic and sea salt
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I can't really enjoy the fat free creamy dressings; they're all way too sweet due to the added sugar that replaces the fat.

Kraft has a 'lite' toasted Asian Sesame that's to die for. It's not supposed to be creamy, so the reduced fat isn't as noticeable. I've gotten a bunch of people to try it at work because it smells so good, they all claim to like it :)
  • shanapadilla2
    shanapadilla2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Kraft fat free raspberry vinaigrette. Is my favorite 35 cal for 2 tablespoons. Kraft has a line for reduced calorie dressing.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Personally my go to dressing is Ken's Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette
  • tnwlkr43
    tnwlkr43 Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Walden Farms Calorie Free Dressing Bacon Ranch is pretty good, i use it or Kraft Fat Free Ranch, occasionally I use Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette by Virginia Brand. I have to keep my sodium under 2000 so it makes it hard for me to find dressing...lol

The bacon ranch is calorie free sugar free and fat free
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    but fats are good for you
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    OPA Greek yogurt bleu cheese..NOM NOM
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I make mine. I use the good seasons packets but switch the water and oil, so just two tablespoons of oil in the bottle. It gets thick and tastes great. I also make hidden valley ranch with skim milk and low fat mayo. Also good.
  • 03emily03
    03emily03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My sister uses fat free sour cream with a packet of hidden valley ranch seasoning and she said it's 9 calories per tablespoon. It ends up being like a chip dip consistency, haven't tried it on a salad but it was good for dipping veggies.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms and Marzetti Simply Dressed Light. Both are delicious and low calorie. They are both located in the produce section.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    There is a spray dressing, I know Safeway has a line. It's only 10 calories for 10 sprays and comes in various flavors. I have used the trick of dipping my fork into the dressing, it's a great way to cut down the amount used and still get the flavor. Plain lemon juice is another option.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    The Bolthouse Farms yogurt ranch is ok but really sweet to me. I like the Olive Garden dressing by Marzetti, it's only 80 cal for 2 Tbsp and really nice. Panera's Asian Sesame Vinaigrette is really good too and 60 cal for 2 Tbsp IIRC.