• sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Dip

Canned chicken - drained well
    Franks Red Hot
    Light Ranch Dressing
    Cheddar cheese

mix all ingredients and heat, serve warm with your favorite chips or crackers

YUMMMMMMMM!!!

I also have a small 5oz can of chicken (drained) with a packet of light mayo as part of my lunch at work.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    because nothing says tasty quite like this image... nom

CannedChicken.jpg
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I like it in chicken salad sandwiches and in soups. :)
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    "Chopped" Season 9/Episode 6 "Time & Space" - Chicken in a Can
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    because nothing says tasty quite like this image... nom

CannedChicken.jpg

Yikes! I think this will give me nightmares. It's like watching a mutant being born.
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use canned chicken for my chicken pot pie. COme out much tastier than cooking fresh chicken, not sure why though. :)
  • Licia9marie
    Licia9marie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to use it when I'm trying to get lunch ready in a hurry, it's good to bring along w/ my spinach salad and a little bit of homemade dressing, gives you protein quick. A lot of sodium though so I try to pre cook chicken breast if I have the time.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I use canned chicken for my chicken pot pie. COme out much tastier than cooking fresh chicken, not sure why though. :)

the sodium? Not judging by any means, its just a thought, since fresh chicken tends to dry out fairly quickly.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Seriously chicken in a can?? That sounds gross never seen it before in my life, I don't think I could bring myself to try it either
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I use the canned diced chicken for bbq chicken pizza...tortilla shell with bbq, chicken, red onion and jalapeno with mozzarella cheese.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I use it for chicken salad.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    deleted..the system double posted...
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    No. It tastes nasty like tuna
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Look on pinterest- I've found a few recipes on there that use it. I use it for buffalo chicken dip (not that I eat that very much anymore), lettuce wraps (mixed with some sesame sauce and the Asian coleslaw blend), chicken soups, quesadillas, etc. I prefer to use fresh chicken breasts if I can, but if I don't have any or need to make something quick, I'm definitely not above using canned :)
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    We used canned chicken, cream of mushroom soup, canned mixed veggies, and frozen pie crusts to make pot pies when I was growing up.

♫ hello, sodiuuuuum ♫
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I've used canned chicken (the kind that comes in water like tuna, not in lard or whatever that picture was) before. I just heated up half the can and ate it with wheat bread, and a string cheese. Quick lunch in a pinch.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Ick. Smells fishy and the clear snotty coagulated jelly puts me over the edge.
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken dip.. It's not the healthiest but I make it for parties and large gatherings!

2 cans of chicken
    half bottle of hot wing sauce
    1 block of cream cheese (i dont know the ounces sorry!)
    shredded chedder cheese

Mix the cream cheese and hot wing sauce in a bowl and heat in the microwave until it softens and is mixable. Then in a large bowl, mix in the chicken and half of the bag of shredded cheese.. Bake in the oven for about 30 mins. (350 degrees) Then the last couple of minutes top it with the rest of the shredded cheddar so its extra cheesy!!

Serve with tortilla chips for dipping! :) YUM
  • Ogirl07
    Ogirl07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can also make a super easy/somewhat healthy "Six Can Soup"

I can corn, drained
    2 cans low sodium chicken broth
    I can chicken ( I like shredded)
    I can black beans
    I can tomatoes with green chiles (like rotel)

I do this in a pinch, its easy comfort food, and if you use low sodium canned goods, not too bad for you either. You can serve with some light sourcream/cheese/baked tortilla chips and voila!
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I like to add avocado and some sort of no salt seasoning. Mmm, easy chicken salad! Add onion/whatever you feel like. Put it on bread, crackers, wraps, romaine leaves.. I keep it around for the no refrigeration/no cooking requirements. My lunches usually consist of leftovers, and when there are none, here ya go :) Also, I agree with UpEarly, it tastes better than tuna!

Hmm.. whats UpEarly?