Need to get fit & skinny for summer

Options

Replies

• sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    MelWick524 wrote: »
    this girl is new, and, like I know I have when I was younger and before becoming educated on everything on here, I just wanted to be fit and skinny for summer, too. Ease up, people. We've all been there. Let's welcome her and help her readjust her goals instead of bashing her for saying she wanted to be skinny, like we're all holier than thou. Come on now.

this
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    this girl is new, and, like I know I have when I was younger and before becoming educated on everything on here, I just wanted to be fit and skinny for summer, too. Ease up, people. We've all been there. Let's welcome her and help her readjust her goals instead of bashing her for saying she wanted to be skinny, like we're all holier than thou. Come on now.

I think it's more trying to figure out why she started this thread. But if you want to focus on one or two people questioning the skinny part, you go right ahead.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

we're not bashing her for that. speaking for myself, i took exception to the fact that she called people 'dicks'
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Tasha372 wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    That's what I am trying to do. I just want to get fit. I don't see the problem.

There's no problem with that, but your OP was meaningless. A subject line and a huge headshot picture???
    As I was trying to say before this is my first time on this app therefore I don't really no what to do. E.g picture and the subject line. If I new how to delete it I would

Well as in most social situations you would ask a question, wait for responses and not call those responding names.
    Yeah you think. So you can stop calling me now.

what? you are the one insulting people.

protip: when posting in the forums (these message boards) and when you start a thread (this thing we're all replying to) it's helpful to include a question, or a statement, or an anecdote so that we know what to address. or did you just want everyone to know that you need to get fit, like an FYI?
    NO definitely asked a question about shoulder injury

No you didn't. I'm not trying to be insulting but is english your first language? Are you currently sober right now? Just trying to figure out what's going on.

I think now is the time for kitteh gifs....
  • Tasha372
    Tasha372 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

There's no problem with that, but your OP was meaningless. A subject line and a huge headshot picture???
    As I was trying to say before this is my first time on this app therefore I don't really no what to do. E.g picture and the subject line. If I new how to delete it I would

Well as in most social situations you would ask a question, wait for responses and not call those responding names.

protip: when posting in the forums (these message boards) and when you start a thread (this thing we're all replying to) it's helpful to include a question, or a statement, or an anecdote so that we know what to address. or did you just want everyone to know that you need to get fit, like an FYI?

And have you even seen the things that people have said clearly not. As if you had you wouldn't have said that I am the one calling people. I

i'm sorry, but you didn't. go back and look at the thread. your original post was just a picture of your face with no words.

why don't you restate your question so you can get some good answers? or, you can start another post with your question.

finally, if you continue to call people names, your posts will be reported and deleted and you will find it hard to get the answers you are looking for.
    Iv tried it. Is it my eyes or are they not people calling me and putting stupid immature pictures on.i am going to reply and defend myself that's it end of conversation. Done
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options

No you didn't. I'm not trying to be insulting but is english your first language? Are you currently sober right now? Just trying to figure out what's going on.

bahahah
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Did anyone bash her for saying she wanted to be skinny? Did you even read the thread responses?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

we're not bashing her for that. speaking for myself, i took exception to the fact that she called people 'dicks'

But don't you know this is MFP land where no matter how wrong the OP is, it's not okay to call them out on it or their behaviour? They are automatically in the right and the victim of whatever meany-ness is going on.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

And have you even seen the things that people have said clearly not. As if you had you wouldn't have said that I am the one calling people. I

i'm sorry, but you didn't. go back and look at the thread. your original post was just a picture of your face with no words.

why don't you restate your question so you can get some good answers? or, you can start another post with your question.

finally, if you continue to call people names, your posts will be reported and deleted and you will find it hard to get the answers you are looking for.
    Iv tried it. Is it my eyes or are they not people calling me and putting stupid immature pictures on.i am going to reply and defend myself that's it end of conversation. Done

anya-blink.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options

CatWave.gif
  • 3bambi3
    Options

so, disregarding advice about reposting an actual question, deflection onto other posters, and a ragequit, all without acknowledging that what you said was inappropriate, not to mention against the community TOS (all hail).

you should stick around the forums. i see big things in your future.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Animated-gif-Pringle-cat-picture-moving-to-a-beat.GIF
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    lolcats
  • 3bambi3
    Options

But don't you know this is MFP land where no matter how wrong the OP is, it's not okay to call them out on it or their behaviour? They are automatically in the right and the victim of whatever meany-ness is going on.

you're right. i should have realized. i guess i really am a dick.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    241.gif
  • rachhdavis
    rachhdavis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    8lc6A.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    tumblr_mzoey1b4aj1qdlh1io1_400.gif?w=400&h=358
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Good lord, lol. I didn't realize I'd start getting bashed, too. Yikes. For the record, when I typed my comment, there were only a few posts, nothing about dicks, and by the time I posted it, it apparently had already spiraled out of control into something I hadn't seen. Aaaand this is why I no longer participate in Social Media except MFP solely for motivation, support, and tips. I do not miss this at all. Back to real life. Chillllll, people!!!
  • Tasha372
    Tasha372 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Did anyone bash her for saying she wanted to be skinny? Did you even read the thread responses?

so, disregarding advice about reposting an actual question, deflection onto other posters, and a ragequit, all without acknowledging that what you said was inappropriate, not to mention against the community TOS (all hail).

you should stick around the forums. i see big things in your future.
    read on.really let's just stop its boring. How are we even still on this. Bye