Taking food to movie theatre

Options
My dear BF has suggested a movie/date night. I typically get a soda and popcorn. Recently I have discovered Dr. Pepper 10 which I really don't mind too much. Would I be out of line if i snuck a small bottle of that into the theatre because I KNOW they don't sell that and I can not stand real "Diet" soda.

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Pssh, everybody sneaks food in. Take a rotisserie chicken too just for kicks.
  • rachiefofo
    rachiefofo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always bring my own snacks and drinks (usually bottled something so I can put in my purse). It is a LOT cheaper and sometimes the healthier option
  • nelsonhrae
    nelsonhrae Posts: 37
    Options
    I have always snuck food in, I know its wrong and against the rules but I can't care. When the ticket alone is twelve bucks (welcome to LA) and a small diet coke is five, it's hard not to want to take your own. I usually share a small diet coke with the BF since the bucket they give you is great to split. I have discovered Special K Cracker Chips and fell in love. The cheddar ones taste just like Ruffles, so I sneak those in for my salt fix. It's a better choice than the calorie bomb popcorn
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure theatres don't care if you bring your own drink in. A lot of people habitually have a bottled drink in their purses. As long as your not brining in a pizza or a mini bar, I'm sure you're fine.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I always sneak food in. Movie food are way overpriced and I'm not spending $17 on soda and popcorn. I usually sneak in a granola bar and a bottle of water or something.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have started sneaking in protein bars. Helps me eat much less of the popcorn that I am buying anyway for my kids.
  • bonelessskinless
    Options

this

we took in a large pizza one time
  • blueeyez1727
    blueeyez1727 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i worked at a small movie theatre (2 screens) for many years. people always sneak in stuff- chinese food and bbq was one that I never understood how they got it through without us smelling it, and i NEVER go to a concession stand when i go..my boyfriend buys popcorn and drinks for the kids and i just want to die at the cost. don't feel bad. we all do it! and you'll feel better about your little snack and drink than indulging in that giant thing of popcorn
  • valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    Right for the sake of our health, we must do something.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I've taken stuff in with me, for a healthier option. Or, if I want candy, I'll bring it from home with the portion measured out in a ziploc. It's still candy, but it's way better than eating a whole box. You're a girl, put it in your purse and they won't know.
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    Since there are virtually zero healthful options at the movies, I bring my own food and drink. (Quest bars, pretzels, fruit, etc)
  • suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have my regular small purse and my 'movie theater purse' where I could easily fit that rotisserie chicken and large pizza in! I've yet to find a theater that sells any healthy snacks so until they do, we are on our own! Go for it!
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    LOL

Yes, take whatever you like! I've sneaked in bottled water, grapes, dark chocolate, granola bars and a ham sandwich.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I snuck in an entire Burger King meal into the movies once. It went fine until someone a few rows ahead of me sniffed the air and said, "I smell french fries!" :embarassed:
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    Last time i went to the cinema I even took my own microwaved popcorn with us ,i always take food and drinks.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Someone should insert the Scary Movie gif lol
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Sneak it in. I sneak in sandwiches, wraps, whatever I want. Fruit, veggies and dip.

If you get caught, just them you are diabetic and you need to have it on hand. They will leave you alone. They don't want the bad PR that would come with kicking a diabetic person out of the theatre because they brough in food or drink.

I once snuck in a subway steak and cheese and got caught (some rat fink behind me tattled). I just said I was diabetic and they left, looking confused. End of story.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I snuck in an entire Burger King meal into the movies once. It went fine until someone a few rows ahead of me sniffed the air and said, "I smell french fries!" :embarassed:

They sell burgers and fries at our theatre so this would be easy.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Considering the confused, derp looks I got when I asked for a cup of water, I have no shame bringing in food/water. The worse that can happen is you get banned from the theater (so I've heard :blushing: ).
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I sneak food in. The popcorn at my theater smells amazing but tastes like cardboard. All smell, no flavor. I never much cared for drinks in a theater since I have never been able to drink soda.