looking for a GPS watch and a heart rate sensor, any suggestions?

124»

Replies

• derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    I love my Polar M400
  • paisiovich
    paisiovich Posts: 19 Member
    Polar M400. I workout, cycle, boot camps, also wear it while I work or just casual dog walking and it works fantastic for all. Has a great software and can sync with my phone app which populates my online profile. It also is really working well with fitness pal. I've recently been having heart issues and had to have a pacemaker installed. I was having all kinds of complications.... Thanks to the polar M400 I realized that the perameters of the pacemakers settings were not ample for my lifestyle and was able to identify the issue and share that with the cardiac team. The issue was thankfully resolved. Extremely easy to use and all Bluetooth so less wires and downtime.
  • LisaAG5
    LisaAG5 Posts: 17
    I agree! I have it and use my H7 with it and it's the most accurate product I have used yet with LOTS of valuable statistical information. I don't care that it doesn't yet sync with MFP from my Android because it's easy enough to manually enter.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Those of you with the Polar M400, do you use the activity tracker part of it? Do you wear it all the time? I was thinking about the Garmin FR15 but really didn't like how it looked, but I do want to use the activity tracker feature as well as the GPS and HRM.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Also, anyone use the M400 for swimming?
    And does it have the option to sync via USB or does it HAVE to sync through your phone?
  • paisiovich
    paisiovich Posts: 19 Member
    I use m400 for everything and wear it 24/7. I shower with it mostly but have swam twice with no problem. It has usb and Bluetooth sync. As I utilize it during the day I set as an activity without gps to preserve the battery and quite frankly need to know where I've been and either does anyone else... Lol. And it works fantastic myfitnesspal. I already watch my diet but that last 10-20 we all need to loose?!!!.... Yaaaa ...well 14 of it now gone in the last 2 1/2 weeks. With myfitnesspal I've realized my sodium intake was double what it should and was iron deficient. Between the workouts syncing and the ease of barscan feature allowing me all the ingredient data.....self-monitoring is incredible.
  • verdejt
    verdejt Posts: 24 Member
    I too wear my M400 all the time. It just works. That is what I love about it. I got lucky and recently upgraded my iPod touch to tbe 5th gen so I can sync and update MFP. I use mine with the H7 when I workout and I especially love the built in gps.
  • NofatdaddyMike
    NofatdaddyMike Posts: 574 Member
    I wear mine all the time. It is a great device.
  • jkleinhesselink
    jkleinhesselink Posts: 12 Member
    Hey polar users I just bought me and joined this group. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102409-polar-users it has been super helpful and if anyone would do reviews on accuracy of their m400 for me that'd be awesome. I'm still in the testing phase and did tons of research (basis peak, garmin vivosmart, tomtom multisport, m400, Fitbit charge hr and surge). I didn't know where to go! As I still have the return policy on mine, I'd love to know if your number shave been accurate, your gps, especially in cycling and what hrm you're using? H7 or something else that's compatible?
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Robbnva wrote: »
    So its down to the m400 or the TomTom runner cardio that has a heart rate monitor. My wife is saying its dumb to not get a hr monitor watch when one with it is the same price. Gonna sleep on it and do more research tomorrow. Thanks guy and gals

If you haven't purchased one yet, I have the TomTom Cardio Runner (2014 model). I like it and find the HR readings and distance accurate (I run places where I know the distance). I think the calorie count is off, but it might be doing gross, and I don't use the calorie counts. I use it for HR training.

I will say the TomTom website is lacking in features, so you might want to sync it up with MapMyFitness or whatever else app works with. Overall, good watch and I'm happy with the purchase.