Can I count the water in fruit?

Options
whierd
whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
Such as an apple? What if it is water melon? If your body absorbs water from what you eat, it should count.

How much water do you get from swimming and showering?

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If it makes you happy to take the time to figure out how much of your apple was water...why not?

Edit to add: providing you still log the calories involved.
  • whierd
    Options
    Well when I make agua sandia I blend the watermelon and then filter the pulp with cheesecloth. Easy to do.

And how many calories do I subtract if I dont eat the pulp?
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    well since too much exotic mystery fruit eaten on vacay can give you watery BM's my answer is yes.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Are you having dehydration issues or something? While a lot of the water we need daily is consumed in food I wouldn't count it. I also wouldn't be upset if I didn't get a full 8 glasses but during certain times like hot weather or more intense exercise you will need more and I don't see the point in nickel and diming out the amount of water in the foods you eat. Just drink it.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Enlighten us when you figure it out!!
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Obviously you cannot count the water in fruit was water intake. You need a hell of a lot more water than what fruit can provide.
  • onetoughmudder
    Options
    That's the beauty of life...you can basically do whatever you want.
  • whierd
    Options
    Are you having dehydration issues or something? While a lot of the water we need daily is consumed in food I wouldn't count it. I also wouldn't be upset if I didn't get a full 8 glasses but during certain times like hot weather or more intense exercise you will need more and I don't see the point in nickel and diming out the amount of water in the foods you eat. Just drink it.

I have constant dehydration issues. I work outside in the heat. I need to be sure that I am not going to die. Someone would be sad about that.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    The fructose magically changes the H2O and makes you fat and dehydrated like a plump prune. No one likes prunes.*

* Not serious. I like prunes.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Well when I make agua sandia I blend the watermelon and then filter the pulp with cheesecloth. Easy to do.

And how many calories do I subtract if I dont eat the pulp?

42, the answer to the question is 42. Of course, it may be the wrong question.
  • whierd
    Options
    That's what I was thinking!! Obviously you cannot count the water in fruit was water intake. You need a hell of a lot more water than what fruit can provide.

Do you have any idea how much water is inside a watermelon? It is why it is called WATERmelon.
  • whierd
    Options
    The fructose magically changes the H2O and makes you fat and dehydrated like a plump prune. No one likes prunes.*

* Not serious. I like prunes.

Sugar doesn't make you fat. Wheat does. Please watch Wheat Belly.
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You could, but what would be the point of all that work? if you're healthy and losing weight and not dehydrated without drinking your water and just eating your fruits and veggies, fine. If you're not thriving, not losing weight, eating too much because you're thirsty but it feels like hunger, it doesn't matter how many cups of water you're taking in via food, you need more water.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking!! Obviously you cannot count the water in fruit was water intake. You need a hell of a lot more water than what fruit can provide.

Do you have any idea how much water is inside a watermelon? It is why it is called WATERmelon.
    If it had enough water, it would just be called water :) Eat melon and drink water :)
  • whierd
    Options
    You could, but what would be the point of all that work? if you're healthy and losing weight and not dehydrated without drinking your water and just eating your fruits and veggies, fine. If you're not thriving, not losing weight, eating too much because you're thirsty but it feels like hunger, it doesn't matter how many cups of water you're taking in via food, you need more water.

Well I currently get most of my water from Coke Zero and Rockstar Zero Carb energy drinks.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Add some vodka to your fruit. If you do it enough, you'll forget all about water.
  • whierd
    Options
    Add some vodka to your fruit. If you do it enough, you'll forget all about water.

Is vodka a diuretic?
  • slr90
    slr90 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The average Joe needs 2.5 liters of water a day (though ofc this can vary from person to person and heat and exercise both play a large role) , however only 1.5L of this needs to come from fluid intake, the rest is made up from food intake and cellular reactions. If you exercise a lot then obviously your fluid intake will need to be greater, if you want to know how much fluid you are losing weigh yourself before a work out then after, if you have lost 1KG you have lost 1L of fluid and so need to intake 1.5L (150% replacement) extra water that day to replace that as you dont absorb everything some simply flushes through you. In terms of counting the fluid content of food as a part of your daily water intake tbh I'd just focus on trying to reach 1.5 liters of just general fluid (preferably pure water), provided you have a healthy balanced diet the water content from the diet should equate that which is necessary along with that from the cells to leave you in a state of euhydration :)

BTW the 8 glasses a day thing in a myth, there is actually no scientific evidence to support that specific quantity its believed to be a misinterpretation of 1940s guidelines, that said if it encourages people to drink more water there is no harm in having that target.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Well I currently get most of my water from Coke Zero and Rockstar Zero Carb energy drinks.

I currently get most of mine from decaf coffee and slim fast shakes. and you know I ain't lyin' you have access to my food diary. it's the rare occasion I spring for a pelligrino.