Salad venting

Options
2»

Replies

• fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words and support. Just for *kitten* and giggles I entered what would have been a meal I would not even think of having and it was LESS calories. /cry

In N Out Double Double (with cheese and the bread)
    In N Out Fries (The whole serving)
    In N Out Tea
    1070 calories at In N Out BURGER VS a 1080 calorie SALAD. damn damn damn ...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    salads are just bowls of disappointment.

Sorry you had to find out that way.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I know it's harder to measure this way, but I always get my dressing on the side and I dip my fork in the dressing first (so you have the dressing on the bottom of the fork, therefore you taste it first) and then pick up my salad. I often have used such a small amount you can't even tell I had any and I tasted like I had enough!
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Zx14chick wrote: »
    I know it's harder to measure this way, but I always get my dressing on the side and I dip my fork in the dressing first (so you have the dressing on the bottom of the fork, therefore you taste it first) and then pick up my salad. I often have used such a small amount you can't even tell I had any and I tasted like I had enough!

That's genius!!

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    yep, been there. done that. There are so many foods that are "healthy" until you look at the calories.

What? It becomes unhealthy if you look at the calories...how?

For example (and i see this a TON) there are recipes on instagram like "PALEO" "CLEAN EATING" "GUILT FREE!" that are filled with dates, cashews, coconut oil, and have roughly 5x the calories of the things their trying to imitate.

For example, i saw a "healthy" peanut butter cup recipe that was 1,400 calories per serving.

What i mean by "healthy" in that context is that they are claiming to be SOO much better for you that something with "chemicals" and then they end up being way way worse.

If it fits in your calories... by all means... but damn. Aint nobody got time for a 1,400 calorie food thats meant as a snack.

amen to all of that LOLOL
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    fish2find wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words and support. Just for *kitten* and giggles I entered what would have been a meal I would not even think of having and it was LESS calories. /cry

In N Out Double Double (with cheese and the bread)
    In N Out Fries (The whole serving)
    In N Out Tea
    1070 calories at In N Out BURGER VS a 1080 calorie SALAD. damn damn damn ...

Exactly, and it has a better protein profile.

This is why if I go for a high cal lunch, I go to Wendy's and get a double, a side salad and a coke zero. 1030 calories and 52 grams of protein. And it makes me smile.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Yup, salads can really 'hide' a ton of calories. I do like that many restaurants have the total calorie count for their salads online- and you can add or subtract ingredients to come up with a total you want. My radar goes up whenever there is cheese or nuts added.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    :( I feel your frustration. I RARELY eat salads unless I make them at home because I have learned that there are actually very few low calorie salad options out there! Farmer boys honey dijon dressing has 480 calories..yes for the dressing alone!! How is that even possible? I always opt for a grilled chicken sandwich over salad at most restaurants and fast food places it is a safer option. It sucks when you "splurge" and did not intend to and you know you could have had a much BETTER splurge than what you got :(