Okay! Ladies: what about 'the girls'?

Options
Mech9
Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
I'm concerned about, ehem, "dropping" due to the weight loss. I couldn't care about size, but I definitely don't want them to droop once I lose fat in them. D:

So, I've begun moisturizing the 'lung protectors' every time I shower and wearing a sleeping bra. It seems to have made them... perkier than before? Is that all in my head?! I also want to begin exercising the pectoral muscles...

Well, anyhow, what do you do?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Is a sleeping bra a special contraption or you just wear a bra to bed?

Mine did not start large so I can't really relate. They got itty bitty though. And they don't look great. Lifting and benching helped with my body composition though and made my chest/upper body look attractive. No cleavage but at least there's something interesting to look at :)
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'll probably get a boob job after I reach my goal. Ain't no moisturizer in the world gonna solve this problem.
  • arditarose
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    I'll probably get a boob job after I reach my goal. Ain't no moisturizer in the world gonna solve this problem.

ha! :D

• Mech9
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

It's just sorta a soft unpadded booby-sling that nursing moms sometimes wear.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Mech9 wrote: »

It's just sorta a soft unpadded booby-sling that nursing moms sometimes wear.

booby-sling.

That sounds like all my bras ha
  • Mech9
    Options
    I've also been hearing this nasty rumor that sleeping on your side causes more dropping than sleeping on your back. I haven't been able to find anything to prove or disprove it, though...
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    So, I've begun moisturizing the 'lung protectors' every time I shower

I've been moisturizing the boys every time i shower for like a decade now trust me moisturizer doesn't do *kitten* for size

lol jk

• Mech9
    Options

I've been moisturizing the boys every time i shower for like a decade now trust me moisturizer doesn't do *kitten* for size

lol jk

Ew. ^.^;

lol
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options

lol jk

LMAO
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »

ha! :D

I'm with ya on THAT one LOL.... Actually I'm not losing in my girls no matter what I do. My 34F remains my nemesis. I'm 5', and 12 lbs to away from my goal weight. Uugh :s. I'll probably end up a 32F or at best a DD at goal. I was already approved for a reduction and lift by my surgeon and insurance, but I wanted to lose a few so I didn't have to do the lipo in my bra line area..... And my sweet fella wasn't really on board. We recently started swimming as one of my work outs and after he saw me in a swimsuit for the first time ever (we've been together over 3 years LOL) now he gets it
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    My girls are just shot. They used to be 40DDD and now they are like a 32C. No moisturizer can compensate for that. I think about getting a boob job but I have little kids and I just can't bare the thought of leaving them mom less for something that only improves my own vanity.
  • Mech9
    Options
    We recently started swimming as one of my work outs and after he saw me in a swimsuit for the first time ever (we've been together over 3 years LOL) now he gets it

Er, just to clarify.. He gets it now because your swimsuit top doesn't cover properly, right? I took it really the wrong way at first as if he was like, "you NEED that reduction" and I was like, 'whaa that's so rude'. haha, whoops.

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    We recently started swimming as one of my work outs and after he saw me in a swimsuit for the first time ever (we've been together over 3 years LOL) now he gets it

Er, just to clarify.. He gets it now because your swimsuit top doesn't cover properly, right? I took it really the wrong way at first as if he was like, "you NEED that reduction" and I was like, 'whaa that's so rude'. haha, whoops.

Hahaha.... Just call me Dolly
  • Mech9
    edited March 2015
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    My girls are just shot. They used to be 40DDD and now they are like a 32C. No moisturizer can compensate for that. I think about getting a boob job but I have little kids and I just can't bare the thought of leaving them mom less for something that only improves my own vanity.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you start seeing the cup size go down? Was it gradual as you lost the weight, or did you hit a certain point where the weight began to come from your chest area as well?
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Mech9 wrote:
    I'm concerned about, ehem, "dropping" due to the weight loss. I couldn't care about size, but I definitely don't want them to droop once I lose fat in them.
    Sorry, honey, but they're gonna droop. You're deflating them faster than the skin can compensate.

I've heard that the loose skin people get from losing lots of weight will tighten up after a couple years, but other than plastic surgery there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

You can tone (and maybe enlarge) the underlying muscles, which could help appearance a bit by giving more support. Don't just focus on the chest (flys, pushups, presses), but also the shoulders (deltoid, trapezius).
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 90 pounds and my breasts are exactly the same size--not everybody loses weight in this area.

Both my boobs and my butt only seem to get perkier. Exercise--it's a good thing!

P.S. I always sleep on my side.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm not losing in my girls no matter what I do. My 34F remains my nemesis ... I'll probably end up a 32F or at best a DD at goal.
    Mine appear to be maintaining their disproportionate large size. :frowning: Yes, I'm losing volume, but they're staying about the same cup size.
    Best I can figure, I started out as an F or G at maybe 42 or 44. (Didn't have the money to go to a good bra shop, and normal stores generally don't carry large cups, so I'm not really sure.)

When I was 40 lb down, I had to get new bras because there was no way I could keep limping along on my old ones. Went to a bra shop, got fitted, walked out with a 38G. (!)
    Hadn't been that small a band size in a long time, hadn't been in a 2-hook bra in decades, and never had any bra with that large a cup... but it fit perfectly!!
    (Plug for Allure - they were great, and while they carry more normal sizes, they specialize in larger cups/bands. They have stores, or order online.)

Now I'm in a 36F. (Between 75-80 lb lost.)
    If I ever have the money, this is one area I'd like plastic surgery on. Just get rid of the excess skin & droop.
  • Mech9
    Options
    @azulvioleta6‌ - Thanks for replying here. =]

Mine were roughly the same size as they are now when I was in a healthy BMI, but I'm looking to get fitter than I've ever been before so I actually don't know how it will turn out. If I have to lose weight slower to prevent skin issues, so be it.
  • Mech9
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    I'm not losing in my girls no matter what I do. My 34F remains my nemesis ... I'll probably end up a 32F or at best a DD at goal.
    Mine appear to be maintaining their disproportionate large size. :frowning: Yes, I'm losing volume, but they're staying about the same cup size.
    Best I can figure, I started out as an F or G at maybe 42 or 44. (Didn't have the money to go to a good bra shop, and normal stores generally don't carry large cups, so I'm not really sure.)

When I was 40 lb down, I had to get new bras because there was no way I could keep limping along on my old ones. Went to a bra shop, got fitted, walked out with a 38G. (!)
    Hadn't been that small a band size in a long time, hadn't been in a 2-hook bra in decades, and never had any bra with that large a cup... but it fit perfectly!!
    (Plug for Allure - they were great, and while they carry more normal sizes, they specialize in larger cups/bands. They have stores, or order online.)

Now I'm in a 36F. (Between 75-80 lb lost.)
    If I ever have the money, this is one area I'd like plastic surgery on. Just get rid of the excess skin & droop.

Thanks for your reply. I'll check that brand out.

I really would like a breast lift surgery at the end, but I'm terrified of losing sensation in the nipple area and scars. I don't know if that's still a possible side effect or if surgery has improved... =/
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    DayByDayGetStronger Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    At my highest weight 263, bra size 42DDD. After 84lbs lost, bra = 36DD. My naked chest looked like I had a pair of knee high stockings with $20 worth of quarters in each sock attached to me. No, they weren't hanging to my waist, but since I am short-waisted, they did look really saggy. And super flat on the upper crest. Start saving and research a good surgeon. I had a breast reduction/lift/small implant done in January this year, plus a bunch of flab in my armpit removed that would spill way over my bra. Nasty. Now I am a 34C with no shoulder or neck pain by the end of the day. Doc took a pound off each breast. Imagine how nice it feels for me to jump! Lovely and worth every damn dime I paid for 'em:)

Your friendly dietitian