Why did you choose your username?

Options
Sued0nim
Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
I'm often interested why people have chosen the name they post under

Mine was because I thought diet=rabbit food (yeah I was wrong) and rabbit means talking a lot (yeah I do)

you?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I chose mine 9 years ago and have stuck with it for everything. Demora = a race from my favourite game (they're actually called Dremora but when I signed up to something with it for the first time I typed it wrong so stuck with it). Fairy because I had a fairy obsession at the time. Also partially went with this because it was the first username I tried that wasn't already taken.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I chose mine 9 years ago and have stuck with it for everything. Demora = a race from my favourite game (they're actually called Dremora but when I signed up to something with it for the first time I typed it wrong so stuck with it). Fairy because I had a fairy obsession at the time. Also partially went with this because it was the first username I tried that wasn't already taken.

actually I always read yours as Demerera which is a type of sugar so you're the sugarfairy in my head :laugh:
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've had several usernames. This one was somewhat based on my favorite haiku by Megan McCafferty:

Furious flutter
    Awakened hummingbird heart
    Hello, hello love

Thus furioushummingbird was born.
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    red was a nickname of mine and I used to always start gamer tags and forum names with red something - redpandora i used in a few places. 56 is my lucky number.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

actually I always read yours as Demerera which is a type of sugar so you're the sugarfairy in my head :laugh:

Haha! I'm quite happy being the sugarfairy!! XD
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Miss Baby Jane was a nick name that Christina Aguilera used to go by. She is my favourite singer, very inspiring person.
  • Sued0nim
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Miss Baby Jane was a nick name that Christina Aguilera used to go by. She is my favourite singer, very inspiring person.

ahhh the tale of a sadistic sibling tormenting her crippled sister never crossed your mind then
  • Was when I started my diet & exercise regimen.
  • Sued0nim
    edited March 2015
    Options
    (I rather like the "Ilikecockatiels" poster name, it abridges perfectly in the last poster list)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't hard to guess, as long as one knows the definition of "atypical" and doesn't read it as "a typical".
  • eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It is my middle name and the year I created this account.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I had a username which in my language and culture has strong connotations of fatness and laziness, had been using it on forums for years and suddenly realized how self-defeating that was. MFP allows you one change of username and I decided to do it, but everything I typed seemed silly and rang false. I thought, what is one true thing I know of myself? And typed this spontaneously, thought "no way am I going to self proclaim I approach life feeling wise and curious" and at the same time when I meant to hit cancel, hit enter. I feel better with it :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I've used "Phrick" for YEARS, starting at a parenting site where I wanted to see how far I could push the limits before getting banned. Phrick was acceptable but P.Hucker got me banned LOL
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Mine is because of being tall and called an amazon several times in my life lol...not in a bad way and it was actually when I was thin and very fit/kind of athletic. The mean kids actually called me jolly green giant when I was growing up. Where I lived, there weren't other tall girls/women and I was the tallest (of girls and boys and most the adults) in my entire school/all grades for a long time. Mayan is just because I needed something to tack onto the end of my username.

My goal is to get back to the amazon look lol.
  • Sydbert93
    Sydbert93 Posts: 11
    Options
    cause i was looking for my name on a bottle of coke and the closest i found was sydnas and sydbert then when i complained to my housemates they started calling me sydbert and after a few months of them saying it i decided to just roll with it lol. and 93 is the year i was born
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty easy I want ALL the coffee (well except instant)
  • nutty192
    nutty192 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My name is hazel, enough said!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Mine, I changed after being here awhile, because my goals changed.
  • Linvala
    Linvala Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mine is from a magic the gathering card. :|
    My family is pretty big into it and I happened to like the name Linvala.
  • foxlme
    foxlme Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mine is a variation on my maiden name. Really throws people. :)