Why did you choose your username?

Replies

• searsvls
    searsvls Posts: 164 Member
    Sears is my last name and VLS are my initials
  • irejuvenateme
    irejuvenateme Posts: 96 Member
    irejuvenateme - I am the one that is responsible for rejuvenating me, noone else - and even though it's my picture and I have been open about my real name, it feels more interesting than just using my name as my id (I did that last time around on MFP)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Earl the Gray and Abby the Tabby were the first cats I ever got and they were the ones I had when I got my first computer so that has been my username for a long time.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I've been using this nickname for a while. It's based on a concept album by Roger Waters called "Amused to Death" and a monkey was one of the prominent personalities. The album talks about how media alters our perception of reality, which is one of the topics I feel strongly about.
  • MsJennyffer
    MsJennyffer Posts: 85 Member
    My grandfather used to play with words. Instead of saying "bowl of cereal" he would say "sowl of bereal." My name is Brandy Leigh, he called me Landy Breigh. :smiley:

That is really cute lol
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Landfish is a play on my last name, Herring.
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    Brother Bill is what people call me IRL because I organize and coordinate volunteers for home repair projects to help people who are in need due to someone in the home being seriously ill, sometimes terminal. 913 is my area code.

I like Steely Dan and it was the album title of Donald Fagan's first solo album

• It's a reference to a Keats poem. He's my favorite poet.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,367 Member
    I am Nic, I like Monty Python and I have 4 kids and often feel my life is a circus, lol.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    My last name plus random numbers. Really, I'm much more interesting than my username suggests B)
  • chdmama
    chdmama Posts: 13 Member
    My name Stands for "congenital heart defect" momma. My youngest daughter was born with congenital heart disease and I could be a prouder mom , she's such a fighter and a little hero :)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    I gave up after the first 3 or 4 were taken and used initials
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    I had this username for years on another site.

Blue and purple are my favorite colors.

I speak Spanish more than English in my real life.

All of the best people have the number "6" in their username. :) No, it's actually just a random number that I like.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I've had mine for a really long time - it's my gamertag, used to be my twitter, my instagram, etc.

I'm a Virgo and add goddess, and there you go.

I'm trying to move away from the username because of a creepy stalker dude, so I'll likely be changing it at some point soon.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I used a random name generator because I was tired of trying to think of something that hadn't already been taken.
    spinxo.com/
  • _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    I'm fat and tell it like it is~
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    I grew up in one of the only places where they make Tupelo Honey. My husband calls me Blossom so I am Tupeloblossom :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I used to be a sysop on a bbs and the owner told us we could set up an alternate "don't ask me stupid questions when all I want to do is chat or play games" username. I'm a huge Beatles fan and the obvious name (Beatlemaniac) was already taken so I scoured my cds to find what would sound good.

I liked the sound of Glass Onion. A friend online started calling me Glassyo because it sounded like Jackie O and he's weird and funny like that and it just stuck. I use it for pretty much everything now online. I don't even know what I would change my name to if I ever had the urge!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i thought you could only change it once? i dont remember what my original name was, then i changed it to this one, which was my facebook 'last name' for a long time (and very true of me), then facebook made me change it cause someone reported me, so now im stuck with this here. on facebook my last name (i refuse to use my real one due to a stalker issue i had years ago) is a combination of my married and maiden names. very few people realize that (well, people who have known me forever do LOL)
  • COLTMUSCLE97
    COLTMUSCLE97 Posts: 224 Member
    That's what I am :D